KPMG China provides multidisciplinary services from audit and tax to advisory, with a strong focus on serving our clients' needs and their industries. Not only do we have an overriding commitment to provide the highest quality services for our clients, but we also strive to become a responsible corporate citizen that has a positive impact on our environment and community. At KPMG, you'll translate insights into action and reveal opportunities for all-our teams, our clients and our world. Service Line Overview
KPMG's Financial Risk Management (FRM) team advises clients on the development and implementation of risk management policies, systems and controls. Working with professionals from KPMG International and local network we offer a broad range of financial risk management services to help international banks, insurance companies, asset managers, and corporate and public clients identify, assess, manage, report, and limit the risks they face.
Our scope of the work covers the full spectrum of financial risks, such as credit risk, market risk, operational risk and liquidity risk; economic capital, capital management, stress testing, risk modeling and validation. There is a particular emphasis currently on assisting clients prepare for the implementation of FRTB (Fundamental Review of the Trading Book)/Basel IV and other current local and international regulatory and risk management initiatives. Clients include local and foreign financial institutions, and there is a strong focus on financial institutions in mainland China. Key Responsibilities
Experience & Background
- Assisting clients with policy, framework, regulation, process, methodology, models and systems related to different risks, including but not only Credit/Market Risk etc.
- Manage the execution of FRM Risk engagements to ensure quality service is delivered
- Develop and maintain productive client relationships, maximising business opportunities
- Supervise a growing specialist team and contribute to the career development of team members
- Play a key role in business development across regions
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of risk management practices, both locally and internationally.
- Build strong internal relationships within Advisory practice and across other services.
- Degree holder in Finance, Risk Management, Accounting/Financial and Actuarial Engineering/Business Mathematics or any other business related discipline
- At least 7 years' experience in professional services advisory, management consultancy, international banking, insurance or a blue chip industry company with demonstrable experience in financial risk management
- Possess a depth of knowledge in credit/market risk in:
- Financial Risk Management within a Banking or Securities firm
- IFRS 9 Impairments and Expected Credit Loss Modelling
- Knowledge of advanced approaches for Market Risk (IMA) including backtesting
- Capital treatments for banking book or trading book credit instruments/interest rate related instruments/ currency and commodities, and equity in the trading book under the Basel (CBRC and or HKMA) definitions
- Credit risk modelling skills (i.e. PD%, LGD, EAD or development of expert judgment scorecards)
- Experience with Credit Risk Model validation (i.e. quantitative and or qualitative Validation)
- Basel II related implementation experience and knowledge preferably on the advanced approaches for credit risk (FIRB and or AIRB)
- Understanding of VaR analysis and related control processes and policy
- Financial instrument valuation and methodologies and P&L attribution as relates to the trading book
- Experience with SAS, R, Metlab is a plus
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to gain the confidence and respect of senior executives
- Strong planning and organizing skills, with the ability to work effectively under pressure managing multiple/ large scale projects or project deliverables
- Excellent analytical skills coupled with a pragmatic approach to problem solving
- Fluent in both English with excellent business and technical writing and presentation skills. Proficiency in Chinese(Mandarin and Cantonese) is a strong advantage
- Cross cultural business and overseas experience preferred
- HKICPA, CFA or FRM Designation preferable
At KPMG China, we are committed to being an equal opportunity employer, with zero tolerance for any form of discrimination against any persons. It is important for us to create an inclusive, diverse and agile workplace for our people to develop and thrive at both a personal and professional level.
We strive to make ESG (environmental, social and governance) a watermark running through our organisation; from empowering our people to become agents of positive change, to providing better solutions and services to our clients to help them achieve their ESG goals. View Our Impact Plan to learn more about our ESG commitments and progress across four key pillars - Governance, People, Planet and Prosperity - and how we make a positive impact on our people, environment and society.
We encourage you to come as you are, and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply, and hope you unlock opportunities with us. Visit KPMG China website for more company information.
You acknowledge and agree that all personal information hereby provided regarding yourself will be used by KPMG China for its candidate selection purposed only. KPMG China collects, uses, processes, and retains your personal information in accordance with KPMG China's Online Privacy Statement and/or KPMG China Privacy Statement (collectively " Privacy Statement
"). During the recruitment process, KPMG China may need to store personal information of candidates in a designated third-party application tracking platform.
If you have any questions regarding the information you provided in the form or your job application in general, please contact KPMG China's HR personnel in the location where your application is submitted [ see here ].