KPMG China provides multidisciplinary services from audit and tax to advisory, with a strong focus on serving our clients' needs and their industries. Not only do we have an overriding commitment to provide the highest quality services for our clients, but we also strive to become a responsible corporate citizen that has a positive impact on our environment and community. At KPMG, you'll translate insights into action and reveal opportunities for all-our teams, our clients and our world. Service Line Overview
In Financial Management, we improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the finance function and generate real insights to help deliver value to the business.
We are looking for Manager candidate
with prior experience as Project Manager, Project Lead, Senior Project Team Members or operational roles in the Insurance industry
. Candidates are expected to have a good understanding of the recent development in the Insurance industry.
Candidates with the following knowledge/experience in the insurance industry are strongly encouraged to apply:
- IFRS 17 - regulatory standard and implementation
- Finance function transformations
- Financial control framework design and implementations
- Cost optimisation - design and implementation
- Finance process re-engineering
- Finance systems implementation
- Finance function sourcing strategy development and implementation
Candidates with either experience in the commercial sector or a professional service firm will be considered. Key Responsibilities
Experience & Background
- Lead projects / workstreams and provide guidance to consultants / senior consultants to deliver outcomes and client-ready deliverables
- Take ownership of project planning and project management, including management of resources, timelines, and budget
- Develop rapport and working relationships with different levels of clients (working level and senior management)
- Understand client issues and challenges, and identify KPMG service offerings that can help solve them
- Support Associate Directors, Directors and Partners in pursuing new business opportunities, including the preparation of proposals and participation in proposal presentation
- Support senior management in developing new methodologies, frameworks, and other KPMG assets
- Actively participate in the recruiting, development, and retention of junior team members
- More than 5 years of work experience in data analytics, finance / actuary transformation program, business intelligence, finance & accounting or related topics. Work experience in a Big 4 professional firm or Finance functions in a large corporation is preferred, but not required.
- Good knowledge of the finance function, including its organisation, processes and systems
- Good knowledge of the recent development of the Insurance industry
- Full project lifecycle delivery experience and a proven track record in delivering high quality project, work-stream or assignment outputs
- Experience in business development and sales is a plus
- Experience in coaching and mentoring junior team members is highly preferred
- Bachelor Degree or above in Business Administration, Commerce, Accounting, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science or other related disciplines is preferred
- Accounting qualification (CPA, ACA, CIMA or equivalent) is a plus
- Fluency in English and strong communication skills are required. Additional language skills will be considered assets, with preference in Cantonese and/or Mandarin speaking candidates
- Strong sense of ownership to get the job done in a practical and pragmatic fashion
- Proficient in MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Hands-on experience with programming / coding / cloud solution and Agile methodology is a plus
- Certified or knowledge on PMP, Scrum Master, TOGAF is a plus
At KPMG China, we are committed to being an equal opportunity employer, with zero tolerance for any form of discrimination against any persons. It is important for us to create an inclusive, diverse and agile workplace for our people to develop and thrive at both a personal and professional level.
We strive to make ESG (environmental, social and governance) a watermark running through our organisation; from empowering our people to become agents of positive change, to providing better solutions and services to our clients to help them achieve their ESG goals. View Our Impact Plan to learn more about our ESG commitments and progress across four key pillars - Governance, People, Planet and Prosperity - and how we make a positive impact on our people, environment and society.
We encourage you to come as you are, and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply, and hope you unlock opportunities with us. Visit KPMG China website for more company information.
You acknowledge and agree that all personal information hereby provided regarding yourself will be used by KPMG China for its candidate selection purposed only. KPMG China collects, uses, processes, and retains your personal information in accordance with KPMG China's Online Privacy Statement and/or KPMG China Privacy Statement (collectively " Privacy Statement
"). During the recruitment process, KPMG China may need to store personal information of candidates in a designated third-party application tracking platform.
If you have any questions regarding the information you provided in the form or your job application in general, please contact KPMG China's HR personnel in the location where your application is submitted [ see here ].