KPMG China provides multidisciplinary services from audit and tax to advisory, with a strong focus on serving our clients' needs and their industries. Not only do we have an overriding commitment to provide the highest quality services for our clients, but we also strive to become a responsible corporate citizen that has a positive impact on our environment and community. At KPMG, you'll translate insights into action and reveal opportunities for all-our teams, our clients and our world. Service Line Overview
KPMG's Financial Risk Management (FRM) team advises clients on the development and implementation of risk data analysis and models, risk management policies and procedures, systems and controls. Working with professionals from KPMG International and local network we offer a broad range of financial risk management services to help international banks, insurance companies, asset managers, and corporate and public clients identify, assess, manage, report, and limit the risks they face.
Our scope of work covers the full spectrum of financial risks, such as credit risk, market risk, operational risk and liquidity risk. There is a particular emphasis currently on the local and international regulatory and risk management initiatives, such as ICRM and Basel III implementation. Our service scope includes but not limits to risk rating under IRB approach, RWA, BELR, stress testing, model validation, risk monitoring and etc. Clients include both local and global financial institutions, and especially there is a strong focus on Chinese financial institutions in Hong Kong. Key Responsibilities
Experience & Background
- Support Engagement Managers to provide high quality, professional day-to-day execution of FRM projects to financial institutions, in particular:
- Planning, implementation, and process optimization of credit risk management for financial institutions
- Developing tools to measure, monitor and report on financial risk issues
- Quantitative evaluation and management of credit risks
- Risk solution within the instruction of HKMA and other regulators
- Support Engagement Managers in engagement planning, scheduling, coordination and administration of engagements
- Develop and maintain proactive and responsible working relationships with client personnel, and lead client meetings
- Assist with proposal drafting and business development activities
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Financial Engineering, Financial Risk Management, Quantitative Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Financial Mathematics, Economics, Business Analytics, Computer Science, Software Engineering
- Around 1 - 4 years' experience in credit risk management, and preferably experience gained in professional services firms or commercial banks.
- Experience with VBA, Python, C++, SQL, R, SAS, Matlab is a plus
- Qualified HKICPA, ACCA, AICPA, CIA, FRM, CFA or equivalent would be advantageous
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and Cantonese, fluency in Putonghua would be advantageous
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Demonstrated ability to learn and succeed in a fast-paced environment. Highly adaptive and flexible
At KPMG China, we are committed to being an equal opportunity employer, with zero tolerance for any form of discrimination against any persons. It is important for us to create an inclusive, diverse and agile workplace for our people to develop and thrive at both a personal and professional level.
We strive to make ESG (environmental, social and governance) a watermark running through our organisation; from empowering our people to become agents of positive change, to providing better solutions and services to our clients to help them achieve their ESG goals. View Our Impact Plan to learn more about our ESG commitments and progress across four key pillars - Governance, People, Planet and Prosperity - and how we make a positive impact on our people, environment and society.
We encourage you to come as you are, and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply, and hope you unlock opportunities with us. Visit KPMG China website for more company information.
You acknowledge and agree that all personal information hereby provided regarding yourself will be used by KPMG China for its candidate selection purposed only. KPMG China collects, uses, processes, and retains your personal information in accordance with KPMG China's Online Privacy Statement and/or KPMG China Privacy Statement (collectively " Privacy Statement
"). During the recruitment process, KPMG China may need to store personal information of candidates in a designated third-party application tracking platform.
If you have any questions regarding the information you provided in the form or your job application in general, please contact KPMG China's HR personnel in the location where your application is submitted [ see here ].