KPMG China provides multidisciplinary services from audit and tax to advisory, with a strong focus on serving our clients' needs and their industries. Not only do we have an overriding commitment to provide the highest quality services for our clients, but we also strive to become a responsible corporate citizen that has a positive impact on our environment and community. At KPMG, you'll translate insights into action and reveal opportunities for all-our teams, our clients and our world. Service Line Overview
In KPMG's Management Consulting practice, we don't limit ourselves to either strategy or implementation. Instead, we deliver both. Our team in Hong Kong is the fastest growing division within KPMG China and represents a young and enthusiastic team that always pushes itself to succeed. Since our creation, we've developed in-depth knowledge of an incredibly broad spread of sectors and services.
Being the consultant of our Finance Consulting team, you will be involved in helping our clients to review their current financial practice, identify possibilities to transform and enhance current business with process and target operation model review, supported by redesigned data, system and technology operation, to improve the effectiveness and efficiency, enabling better understanding of business through the lens of finance data and fulfill the rapidly changing demand for management information and regulatory reporting requirements.
We are looking for Consultant / Senior Consultant / Manager / Associate Director candidate with an interest in pursuing a management consulting career in the Finance Consulting field. Please see below for the typical types of Finance Consulting projects:
- Finance function transformations
- Financial control framework design and implementations
- Accounting and other regulatory change implementation programs
- Cost optimisation
- Finance process re-engineering
- Finance systems implementation
- Finance function sourcing strategy development and implementation
- Finance systems architecture diagnosis and design
- Finance data analytics, visualization, and business insights generation
- Finance systems delivery and testing
Experience & Background
- Support managers in project planning, scheduling, coordination and reporting activities
- Work closely with project managers to deliver high quality projects or assignments
- Produce client-ready deliverables that require limited review effort. Deliverables are in the forms of PowerPoint presentations, Excel models, Word reports, BI dashboards, Visio process flows, etc.
- Support managers in business development opportunities, including the preparation of proposals
- Develop rapport and working relationships with working-level clients
- Participate and support the planning and execution of internal team events and activities
- At least 5 years of experience working in finance functions or in consulting firms. Work experience in a Big 4 professional firm or Finance functions in a large corporation is preferred, but not required.
- Bachelor's Degree in business administration, Commerce, Accounting, Data Science, Computer Science, Information Engineering, Statistics or other related disciplines preferred
- Accounting qualification (CPA, ACA, CIMA or equivalent) is a plus
- Fluency in English is required. Additional language skills will be considered assets, with preference in Cantonese and/or Mandarin speaking candidates
- Self-driven, enthusiastic with a 'can-do' attitude, quick to learn, and strong willingness to step outside of comfort zone
- Strong sense of ownership to get the job done in a practical and pragmatic fashion
- Proficient in MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Hands-on experience with programming / coding / cloud solution and Agile methodology is a plus
- Certified or knowledge on PMP, Scrum Master, TOGAF is a plus
- Demonstrate understanding of business process, technology and solution landscape of banking and insurance sector is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
At KPMG China, we are committed to being an equal opportunity employer, with zero tolerance for any form of discrimination against any persons. It is important for us to create an inclusive, diverse and agile workplace for our people to develop and thrive at both a personal and
We strive to make ESG (environmental, social and governance) a watermark running through our organisation; from empowering our people to become agents of positive change, to providing better solutions and services to our clients to help them achieve their ESG goals. View Our Impact Plan to learn more about our ESG commitments and progress across four key pillars - Governance, People, Planet and Prosperity - and how we make a positive impact on our people, environment and society.
We encourage you to come as you are, and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply, and hope you unlock opportunities with us. Visit KPMG China website for more company information.
You acknowledge and agree that all personal information hereby provided regarding yourself will be used by KPMG China for its candidate selection purposed only. KPMG China collects, uses, processes, and retains your personal information in accordance with KPMG China's Online Privacy Statement and/or KPMG China Privacy Statement (collectively " Privacy Statement
"). During the recruitment process, KPMG China may need to store personal information of candidates in a designated third-party application tracking platform.
If you have any questions regarding the information you provided in the form or your job application in general, please contact KPMG China's HR personnel in the location where your application is submitted [ see here ].