KPMG China provides multidisciplinary services from audit and tax to advisory, with a strong focus on serving our clients' needs and their industries. Not only do we have an overriding commitment to provide the highest quality services for our clients, but we also strive to become a responsible corporate citizen that has a positive impact on our environment and community. At KPMG, you'll translate insights into action and reveal opportunities for all-our teams, our clients and our world. Service Line Overview
IFRS 17 accounting advisory is a key offering for KPMG and it is therefore an exciting opportunity to help further develop and grow our business within a young and energetic team. Our accounting advisory team focuses on assisting clients to design and implement their finance function response to IFRS 17, typically working alongside actuarial, IT and broader finance professionals on multidisciplinary projects . As part of this team, you will be working with a number of the largest insurers undertaking initial impact assessments through to developing accounting solutions and application guidance, prototyping, implementation, financial analysis and ultimately financial reporting and supporting their external audit process. Key Responsibilities
We are looking for Manager candidates with specific experience in the Insurance sector and skills in some of the following categories:
- Financial Reporting
- Financial Planning & Analysis
- Technical accounting / Accounting Policy
- IFRS 17 assessment
- Economic valuation and reporting, for example Embedded Value reporting, Economic Capital, Solvency II, Risk Based Capital
- Internal controls
- External audit
The responsibilities attributable to this role will include some or all of the following:
Experience & Background
- Direct and monitor the work of a team of Advisors and Researchers
- Operate as an effective team manager, team builder, coach and mentor
- Effective delegate of work packages to junior team members whilst retaining control over quality of outputs
- Manage and contribute to the development of junior staff
- Actively support the client interface, assist in delivery and fulfilment of projects presenting to clients/targets in formal situations
- Help to take responsibility for developing new products and methodologies
- Develop, recruit and retain junior members of the team
- Manage your own development in accordance with agreed personal and team goals.
- 5 years experience working in a Big 4 professional firm or a large corporation
- Strong analytical, strategic and commercial experience
- Proven track record of combining accounting analysis with commercial business advice
- An experienced finance professional with a history of successfully delivering the types of projects outlined in the above section, typically within a large Accounting Firm, Management Consultancy or Corporate organisation
- Excellent knowledge of financial reporting and current accounting practices under IFRS 4
- Good knowledge of the finance function, its organisation, processes and systems
- Driven individual looking to work in an advisory team that will grow significantly over the next few years
- Qualified Accountant will be a plus
- Strong communicator with the personal skills to build strong and lasting client relationships
- Able to demonstrate project based skills (i.e. project management and delivery) relevant to our Accounting Advisory solution set with a proven track record in delivering high quality project, work stream or assignment outputs
- Candidates with less experience will be considered for Senior Consultant position
At KPMG China, we are committed to being an equal opportunity employer, with zero tolerance for any form of discrimination against any persons. It is important for us to create an inclusive, diverse and agile workplace for our people to develop and thrive at both a personal and professional level.
We strive to make ESG (environmental, social and governance) a watermark running through our organisation; from empowering our people to become agents of positive change, to providing better solutions and services to our clients to help them achieve their ESG goals. View Our Impact Plan to learn more about our ESG commitments and progress across four key pillars - Governance, People, Planet and Prosperity - and how we make a positive impact on our people, environment and society.
We encourage you to come as you are, and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply, and hope you unlock opportunities with us. Visit KPMG China website for more company information.
You acknowledge and agree that all personal information hereby provided regarding yourself will be used by KPMG China for its candidate selection purposed only. KPMG China collects, uses, processes, and retains your personal information in accordance with KPMG China's Online Privacy Statement and/or KPMG China Privacy Statement (collectively " Privacy Statement
"). During the recruitment process, KPMG China may need to store personal information of candidates in a designated third-party application tracking platform.
If you have any questions regarding the information you provided in the form or your job application in general, please contact KPMG China's HR personnel in the location where your application is submitted [ see here ].