KPMG China provides multidisciplinary services from audit and tax to advisory, with a strong focus on serving our clients' needs and their industries. Not only do we have an overriding commitment to provide the highest quality services for our clients, but we also strive to become a responsible corporate citizen that has a positive impact on our environment and community. At KPMG, you'll translate insights into action and reveal opportunities for all-our teams, our clients and our world.
Service Line Overview
At KPMG's Consulting practice, we do not limit ourselves to either strategy or implementation. We deliver both. Our Hong Kong division is the fastest growing within KPMG China and represents a young and enthusiastic team that always pushes for success. Since our inception, we have acquired in-depth knowledge of an incredibly broad range of sectors and services.
To expand our team, we are seeking Cyber simulated attack managers to join our Cyber Defence team. This role focuses on various technical areas such as red teaming, purple teaming, simulation attack, iCAST, advanced security assessment and infrastructure penetration testing, and social engineering simulation.
We regularly interact with C-Suite clients, such as Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Chief Information Security Officer (CISO), Chief Information Officer (CIO) and their direct reports. Hence, a client-centric mindset, an understanding of IT within a Business context, and well-developed communication skills are desirable.
• Lead various cyber-attack simulation projects using red team / blue team / purple team exercises
• Conduct social engineering and email phishing attacks to simulate the theft of passwords, infiltrate systems, and download malware / ransomware
• Lead advanced security assessment and infrastructure penetration tests on different complex platforms and emerging technologies
• Report testing results to senior stakeholders
• Develop proposal, project scoping, and the review of deliverables
• Drive continuously improvement in security assessment methodologies
• Develop marketing and training materials to help develop staff awareness within the company and communicate KPMG's capabilities to clients
• Build and maintain relationships with existing and prospective clients, and develop / improve your network of business contacts
• Coach and develop team members through sharing of experience and knowledge
Additional Responsibilities for Associate Director
• Drive team built and growth in HK and GBA region
• Identify business opportunities and work with wider team to generate growth
• Lead business development activities by building propositions, identifying of new target clients, building business relationships with key executives, drive client presentations, speaking at industrial conferences
• Develop internal networks and maintain excellent relationships with colleagues across KPMG
• plans, and performance management while contributing to industry and regulatory publications, writing
Experience & Background
• At least one professionally qualification required: CREST Certified Simulated Attack Manager, GXPN, OSCE3, OSEE or other relevant qualifications
• Experience working in Red Teaming, Purple Teaming, simulation attack, iCAST, Web/Mobile/Network/OT/IoT/other Penetration Tests, Vulnerability Assessment, Source Code Review, Appliance/System/Cloud Configuration Review, Malware development, Social Engineering.
• Knowledge in threat intelligence, reverse engineering, security products, incident response, SOC operation or other related areas will be an advantage
• Delivered projects in accordance with industry recognised testing standards and experience in common red teaming tools
• Strong knowledge base in enterprise technologies and operations, enterprise networking, internet application security, database security evaluation and architecture, with self-motivated learning ability
• Be able to lead a team
• Have strong analytical, problem solving and inter-personal skills
• Commands excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to present ideas and results to technical and non-technical audiences
• Possess a recognised Degree in Computer Science, Cyber Security, Computer/Information Engineering, Information Technology or a related discipline (STEM) is preferred
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Chinese (Mandarin or Cantonese)
Benefits we offer:
KPMG is looking for someone who is passionate about helping our clients with their cyber security challenges. In return, we are helping you to develop your skills and career within the KPMG network.
• Well-structured career development and learning path, 1-to-1 coaching by our cybersecurity partners
• Access to various cyber security learning resources
• Wide exposure to working with leading financial institutions and multi-national corporations
• Continuous sponsorship and support on professional certificate development (i.e. Offensive Security, GIAC, CREST, etc.)
• Opportunities for secondment / exchange within KPMG Global network based on staff performance and preference
• Opportunities to attend overseas Cyber Events - such as KPMG HackNet / BlackHat
• Work in a passionate team with blended cybersecurity talents
At KPMG China, we are committed to being an equal opportunity employer, with zero tolerance for any form of discrimination against any persons. It is important for us to create an inclusive, diverse and agile workplace for our people to develop and thrive at both a personal and professional level.
We strive to make ESG (environmental, social and governance) a watermark running through our organisation; from empowering our people to become agents of positive change, to providing better solutions and services to our clients to help them achieve their ESG goals. View Our Impact Plan to learn more about our ESG commitments and progress across four key pillars - Governance, People, Planet and Prosperity - and how we make a positive impact on our people, environment and society.
We encourage you to come as you are, and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply, and hope you unlock opportunities with us. Visit KPMG China website for more company information.
You acknowledge and agree that all personal information hereby provided regarding yourself will be used by KPMG China for its candidate selection purposed only. KPMG China collects, uses, processes, and retains your personal information in accordance with KPMG China's Online Privacy Statement and/or KPMG China Privacy Statement (collectively " Privacy Statement"). During the recruitment process, KPMG China may need to store personal information of candidates in a designated third-party application tracking platform.
If you have any questions regarding the information you provided in the form or your job application in general, please contact KPMG China's HR personnel in the location where your application is submitted [ see here ].