KPMG China provides multidisciplinary services from audit and tax to advisory, with a strong focus on serving our clients' needs and their industries. Not only do we have an overriding commitment to provide the highest quality services for our clients, but we also strive to become a responsible corporate citizen that has a positive impact on our environment and community. At KPMG, you'll translate insights into action and reveal opportunities for all-our teams, our clients and our world. Service Line Overview
KPMG's Financial Risk Management (FRM) team advises clients on the development and implementation of risk management policies, systems and controls. Working with professionals from KPMG International and local network we offer a broad range of financial risk management services to help international banks, insurance companies, asset managers, and corporate and public clients identify, assess, manage, report, and limit the risks they face.
Our scope of the work covers the full spectrum of financial risks, such as credit risk, market risk, operational risk and liquidity risk; economic capital, capital management, stress testing, risk modelling and validation; regulatory compliance issues; ESG and Asset and Liability Management. Clients include local and foreign financial institutions, and there is a strong focus on financial institutions in mainland China. Key Responsibilities
Experience & Background
- Manage the execution of FRM Market/Credit Risk/ESG/ALM engagements to ensure quality service is delivered
- Develop and maintain productive client relationships, maximising business opportunities
- Supervise a growing specialist team and contribute to the career development of team members
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of risk management practices, both locally and internationally.
- Build strong internal relationships within Advisory practice and across other services.
- Around 5 - 7 years' experience in professional services advisory, quantitative risks, international banking, insurance or ablue chip company with demonstrable experience in financial risk management
- Possess in-depth of knowledge in either of the areas below:
- Financial Risk Management or financial risk controls and processes within Banking or Securities firms
- Quantitative skill set for the construction, validation and implementation of financial risk models, such as:
- derivatives, structured products and pricing models in either FX or interest rates,
- stochastic calculus,
- market risk, credit risk and/or climate risk stress testing,
- PD%, LGD, EAD or development of expert judgment scorecards
- Capital treatments for banking/trading book and interest rate related instruments, currency and commodities,and equity in the trading book under the Basel (CBIRC or HKMA) definitions
- Understanding of VaR analysis and related control processes and policies
- Technical understanding of structured financial instruments, OTC products and their risk profiles (assetclass can be Prime and/or Credit Products, FI and Equity Derivatives, and/or Rates/FX)
- Knowledge of advanced approaches for Credit/Market Risk (IMA) including backtesting, FIRB and/or AIRB
- IFRS 9 Impairments and Expected Credit Loss Modelling
- ESG framework, including understanding of regulatory expectations, and risk assessment methodologies covering impacts to strategy, risk appetite and limits, business and risk processes and controls.
- Asset and Liability Management
- Experience with SAS, Python, C++, R or Mat-Lab is a plus
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to gain the confidence and respect of senior executives
- Strong planning and organizing skills, with the ability to work effectively under pressure managing multiple/large scale projects or project deliverables
- Excellent analytical skills coupled with a pragmatic approach to problem solving
- Fluent in both English with excellent business and technical writing and presentation skills. Proficiency in Chinese(Mandarin and Cantonese) is a strong advantage
- Degree holder in Statistics, Risk Management, Accounting/Financial and Actuarial Engineering/Business Mathematics or any other business-related discipline
- HKICPA, CFA or FRM Designation preferable
- Candidates with lesser experience will be considered for a Senior Consultant role
At KPMG China, we are committed to being an equal opportunity employer, with zero tolerance for any form of discrimination against any persons. It is important for us to create an inclusive, diverse and agile workplace for our people to develop and thrive at both a personal and professional level.
We strive to make ESG (environmental, social and governance) a watermark running through our organisation; from empowering our people to become agents of positive change, to providing better solutions and services to our clients to help them achieve their ESG goals. View Our Impact Plan to learn more about our ESG commitments and progress across four key pillars - Governance, People, Planet and Prosperity - and how we make a positive impact on our people, environment and society.
We encourage you to come as you are, and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply, and hope you unlock opportunities with us. Visit KPMG China website for more company information.
You acknowledge and agree that all personal information hereby provided regarding yourself will be used by KPMG China for its candidate selection purposed only. KPMG China collects, uses, processes, and retains your personal information in accordance with KPMG China's Online Privacy Statement and/or KPMG China Privacy Statement (collectively " Privacy Statement
"). During the recruitment process, KPMG China may need to store personal information of candidates in a designated third-party application tracking platform.
If you have any questions regarding the information you provided in the form or your job application in general, please contact KPMG China's HR personnel in the location where your application is submitted [ see here ].