KPMG China provides multidisciplinary services from audit and tax to advisory, with a strong focus on serving our clients' needs and their industries. Not only do we have an overriding commitment to provide the highest quality services for our clients, but we also strive to become a responsible corporate citizen that has a positive impact on our environment and community. At KPMG, you'll translate insights into action and reveal opportunities for all-our teams, our clients and our world. Service Line Overview
We support organizations and executive teams in defining their ambition and developing innovative strategies that embed the agility, customer-centricity and operational excellence needed to thrive in dynamic markets. We draw on KPMG's deep functional expertise to work shoulder to shoulder with our clients through implementation and deliver targeted results by accelerating momentum, locking down value and de-risking both decisions and actions. We bring strategic thinking and the hands-on skillsets to deliver on transformation. We call this 'Innovation to Results'.
- Growth strategy: identifying and implementing a prioritized set of growth platforms that will enable clients to achieve their growth ambitions
- Operating strategy & cost: challenging strategic decisions and align their operating model to their business strategy and financial targets
- Digital strategy: consider the new opportunities created by emerging technologies, and evaluate their readiness to adapt to change
- ESG strategy: assists to set and achieve ESG goals, to embed ESG into an organization's DNA, and make ESG sustained competitive advantage for the organization
- Enterprise-wide transformation: provides the overarching framework for multi-year strategic planning, capital allocation, portfolio and synergy assessments, scenario planning, corporate centre redesigns, and other modularized enterprise-wide services
KPMG is building out its leading Financial Services Advisory Practice and is looking for a passionate and seasoned Associate Director with experience in wholesale banking (corporate banking, capital markets, transaction banking). We work with top tier corporate banks and their coverage, transaction banking, investment banking and capital markets divisions on industry defining topics from 'Strategy-to-Results', including strategy, operations, regulatory, and technology. It is an exciting time to join us as our practice is expanding due to our unique propositions and strength of client relationships.
We are seeking exceptional individuals who have a passion for identifying and creating solutions for clients. We are looking for strong candidates from consulting and wholesale banking backgrounds. As a team, we are a group of bright individuals who are passionate about having fun both inside and outside of work. Key Responsibilities
Experience & Background
- Drive workstreams and programs in a leadership position
- Driving client presentations, including material development and vetting
- Generate hypotheses and drive the storyboarding process, architect and implement new operating models for clients
- Support banks in transformation projects, including project management, process review and design including implementation
- Produce client ready deliverables that require limited review including policies and procedures, target operating models, review reports, value propositions, as well as digital implementation
- Develop solutions to complex problems and challenge the thinking of more senior colleagues and clients
- Liaise effectively with clients whilst working on engagements and act as an 'ambassador' for KPMG
- Develop rapport and working relationships with junior clients and maintain them outside of engagements
- Be a strong and effective team player
- 10+ years of relevant experience in any of the below:
- Big 4 experience with a focus on banking
- Internal Project / Consulting team within a wholesale bank
- Product Management role within the commercial lending, transaction banking (Cash, Trade Finance, FX, Supply Chain Finance), capital markets and/or investment banking division of a bank
- Credit risk experience, focused on commercial / corporate exposures, included syndicated loans
- Corporate strategy / Corporate development / M&A team of a wholesale bank
- Tier 1 & 2 strategy houses with deep experience in wholesale banking projects
At KPMG China, we are committed to being an equal opportunity employer, with zero tolerance for any form of discrimination against any persons. It is important for us to create an inclusive, diverse and agile workplace for our people to develop and thrive at both a personal and professional level.
We strive to make ESG (environmental, social and governance) a watermark running through our organisation; from empowering our people to become agents of positive change, to providing better solutions and services to our clients to help them achieve their ESG goals. View Our Impact Plan to learn more about our ESG commitments and progress across four key pillars - Governance, People, Planet and Prosperity - and how we make a positive impact on our people, environment and society.
We encourage you to come as you are, and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply, and hope you unlock opportunities with us. Visit KPMG China website for more company information.
You acknowledge and agree that all personal information hereby provided regarding yourself will be used by KPMG China for its candidate selection purposed only. KPMG China collects, uses, processes, and retains your personal information in accordance with KPMG China's Online Privacy Statement and/or KPMG China Privacy Statement (collectively " Privacy Statement
"). During the recruitment process, KPMG China may need to store personal information of candidates in a designated third-party application tracking platform.
If you have any questions regarding the information you provided in the form or your job application in general, please contact KPMG China's HR personnel in the location where your application is submitted [ see here ].