KPMG China provides multidisciplinary services from audit and tax to advisory, with a strong focus on serving our clients' needs and their industries. Not only do we have an overriding commitment to provide the highest quality services for our clients, but we also strive to become a responsible corporate citizen that has a positive impact on our environment and community. At KPMG, you'll translate insights into action and reveal opportunities for all-our teams, our clients and our world. Service Line Overview
We support organizations and executive teams in defining their ambition and developing innovative strategies that embed the agility, customer-centricity and operational excellence needed to thrive in dynamic markets. We draw on KPMG's deep functional expertise to work shoulder to shoulder with our clients through implementation and deliver targeted results by accelerating momentum, locking down value and de-risking both decisions and actions. We bring strategic thinking and the hands-on skillsets to deliver on transformation. We call this 'Innovation to Results'.
- Growth strategy: identifying and implementing a prioritized set of growth platforms that will enable clients to achieve their growth ambitions
- Operating strategy & cost: challenging strategic decisions and align their operating model to their business strategy and financial targets
- Digital strategy: consider the new opportunities created by emerging technologies, and evaluate their readiness to adapt to change
- ESG strategy: assists to set and achieve ESG goals, to embed ESG into an organization's DNA, and make ESG sustained competitive advantage for the organization
- Enterprise-wide transformation: provides the overarching framework for multi-year strategic planning, capital allocation, portfolio and synergy assessments, scenario planning, corporate centre redesigns, and other modularized enterprise-wide services
We are continuing to grow our leading Financial Services practice, and we are currently looking for a passionate and seasoned talents with experience directly working with Mainland and Greater China region (including Taiwan and Hong Kong) banks and financial institutions. We work with industry-leaders to deliver from 'Strategy-to-Results', covering projects in strategy, customer, operations, regulatory, and technology. It is an exciting time to join us as our practice is expanding due to our market-leading propositions and strength of client relationships.
We are seeking exceptional individuals who have a passion for identifying and creating solutions for clients. We are looking for strong candidates from consulting, banking, asset and wealth management backgrounds. As a team, we are a group of diverse individuals who share the same collaborative and passionate spirit both inside and outside of work. Key Responsibilities
Experience & Background
- Design and run workstreams and projects with limited oversight
- Support the S&O Mainland and Greater China banking team in developing industry relationships, designing go-to-market propositions and strategies, and supporting delivering strategic and transformational projects, including project management, process review and design including implementation
- Support the identification, pursuit and conversion of a pipeline of business development opportunities
- Driving client presentations, including material development and vetting
- Generate hypotheses and drive the storyboarding process
- Produce client ready deliverables that require limited review
- Review of data and analytics, including basic financial modelling, to support implementation projects
- Develop solutions to complex problems and challenge the thinking of more senior colleagues and clients
- Liaise effectively with clients whilst working on engagements and act as an 'ambassador' for KPMG
- Develop rapport and working relationships with junior clients and maintain them outside of engagements
- Actively develop own knowledge and expertise across Banking, Wealth and Asset Management
- Be a strong and effective team player
- 3-5 years of relevant experience working with Mainland and Greater China financial institutions in any of the below capacities:
- Strategy and operations consulting experience in leading strategy or management consultancies
- Corporate strategy / Corporate development / M&A team within a financial institution
- Internal Project / Consulting team within a financial institution
- Degree from a leading institution
- Strong slide structuring and writing capabilities
- Evidence of project management/workstream leadership
- Knowledge of wealth management operations and/or compliance
- Research skills, including market research and regulatory review
- Project management experience in regulatory / operational / TOM-like projects
- Project management certification and knowledge of Agile delivery will be an advantage
- Analytical mindset, intellectual curiosity, structured thinking, and creativity
- Confidence, people skills, ambition and pragmatism
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, Mandarin and Cantonese
- Experience working in Mainland China is highly preferred
At KPMG China, we are committed to being an equal opportunity employer, with zero tolerance for any form of discrimination against any persons. It is important for us to create an inclusive, diverse and agile workplace for our people to develop and thrive at both a personal and professional level.
We strive to make ESG (environmental, social and governance) a watermark running through our organisation; from empowering our people to become agents of positive change, to providing better solutions and services to our clients to help them achieve their ESG goals. View Our Impact Plan to learn more about our ESG commitments and progress across four key pillars - Governance, People, Planet and Prosperity - and how we make a positive impact on our people, environment and society.
We encourage you to come as you are, and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply, and hope you unlock opportunities with us. Visit KPMG China website for more company information.
You acknowledge and agree that all personal information hereby provided regarding yourself will be used by KPMG China for its candidate selection purposed only. KPMG China collects, uses, processes, and retains your personal information in accordance with KPMG China's Online Privacy Statement and/or KPMG China Privacy Statement (collectively " Privacy Statement
"). During the recruitment process, KPMG China may need to store personal information of candidates in a designated third-party application tracking platform.
If you have any questions regarding the information you provided in the form or your job application in general, please contact KPMG China's HR personnel in the location where your application is submitted [ see here ].