Morgan Stanley is a worldwide leader in investment banking. We are one of the top firms in mergers & acquisitions (M&A), underwriting of equity transactions, corporate debt issuance, and high-yield debt financing. With professionals in 30 countries, we are consistently recognized for our performance in traditional and innovative financing techniques, helping clients around the world to make decisions about their business strategy and financial structure.
The Global Capital Markets ("GCM") Summer Associate will be placed in the Project, Commodity, and Infrastructure Finance group ("Project Finance"). This group focuses on providing bespoke financing and advisory solutions to power, energy / energy transition, and infrastructure clients in the US and abroad. Project Finance structures and arranges financings across the capital structure including equity private placements, high yield bonds, leveraged loans, mezzanine, investment grade and bilateral balance sheet solutions to support the acquisition, development, construction, and ongoing operations of power, energy / energy transition, and infrastructure projects.
- A 10-week program that takes place at Morgan Stanley's headquarters in New York
- Placement in Project Finance within GCM
- One-week of training and orientation with a variety of presentations and exercises led by experts ranging from professors and industry leaders to current bankers
- Summer programming that includes, and is not limited to, regular sessions hosted by Firm representatives on accounting, industry and product-specific training, introduction to Morgan Stanley proprietary analytical tools and an overall introduction to the Firm
- Mentors to aid in your development and provide greater exposure to GCM
- The opportunity to work with clients on complex and innovative financing and risk management solutions in a trading floor setting where you would potentially sit beside your Managing Director
- A flat structure that will provide you with a high level of responsibility early in your career
Responsibilities may include and are not limited to:
- Structuring and arranging holistic financing and risk management solutions including advisory, debt, equity, rates, and commodities
- Performing financial modeling and analysis of power, energy / energy transition, and infrastructure projects
- Analyzing current news, trends and regulatory events influencing global power, energy / energy transition, and infrastructure markets
- Managing all aspects of deal execution and guiding clients through structuring, marketing and negotiation
- You are an MBA student in your first year of study
- You have at least two to three years of work experience (preferred)
- You have an interest in power, energy / energy transition, and/or infrastructure (preferred)
- You are analytical, technically oriented, intellectually curious, and able to multitask
Expected base pay rate for the role will be $175,000 USD per year at the commencement of employment. However, base pay is only part of the total compensation package, which, depending on the position, may also include discretionary bonuses and other Morgan Stanley sponsored benefit programs.