Trading Controls Business Analyst
Glasgow and London
As a Barclays Trading Controls Business Analyst, you will efficiently and optimally deliver against agreed programmes of change, providing drive, leadership, governance and oversight for all portfolio change activities within the 'Preventative Controls in Markets' Programme. In your role, you will ultimately be responsible for building relationships with business and technology teams to understand and capture high quality requirements , ensuring the successful delivery and status reporting of those requirements.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
At Barclays, we offer a hybrid working experience that blends the positives of working alongside colleagues at our onsite locations, together with working from home. We have a structured approach where colleagues work at an onsite location on fixed, 'anchor', days of the week, for a minimum of two days a week or more, as set by the business area (or nearest equivalent if working part-time hours). Please discuss the working pattern requirements for the role you are applying for with the hiring manager. Please note that as we continue to embed our hybrid working environment, we remain in a test and learn phase, which means that working arrangements may be subject to change on reasonable notice to ensure we meet the needs of our business.
What will you be doing?
• Asking the right questions to uncover root causes and understand all scenarios to minimise the risk of scope change and change request to projects
• Creating and presenting quality process/user/feature stories and flows, ensuring business benefit and rank are agreed
• Maintaining requirements to ensure they are up to date with a clear audit on change requests and reporting on status of user/feature stories delivery
• Participating in the design process with technical partners - from design approval to functional design completion, ensuring the functionality/benefits envisaged are delivered
• Translating requirements to relevant stakeholders, such as data element deliveries
• During testing, owning the resolution of defects pertaining to requirement and design working with test teams and business
• Coordinating business readiness and system training for new users, or when new functionality is released
• Contributing to the definition and enforcement of analysis standards and exectuting portfolio governance consistently with control standards for the assigned business unit
What we're looking for:
• Markets product or business process understanding
• Ability to master and navigate new subject domains quickly
• Excellent analytical skills
• Ability to collaborate with stakeholders effectively at all levels across Technology and Business
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Business analysis on large scale projects using a disciplined principled approach
• Use SME knowledge of products, front to back tech systems and business processes to challenge and improve processes, controls and technical design
Where will you be working?
Our new state-of-the-art Campus, right in the heart of Glasgow is a hub of creative collaboration. A place where everyone can bring their true selves to work and reach their full potential. Home to 5,000 of our colleagues, our Tradeston campus will support the community in more ways than one - by creating thousands of new career opportunities and celebrating local artists. A short walk from Central Station on the south of the Clyde, it will be a key location for the Barclays business that will deepen our ties with the city and its communities.
In the heart of Canary Wharf, our headquarters at Churchill Place boasts onsite amenities such as; a gym, staff restaurant and deli bar, and is easily accessible by tube and bus links. With a population of around 5000 staff the atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within.