Job description Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Commercial Banking provides international financial services solutions that support businesses ranging from large corporates to mid-market enterprises in a variety of industry sectors all over the world. Leveraging the strength, scope and expertise of our global product network, Commercial Banking is positioned as an essential partner to large and mid-market enterprises seeking to maximise their potential internationally, offering streamlined business access to HSBC's international network and broad range of market leading banking products and services.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as an Associate Director - Leveraged Finance. Principal Responsibilities
The Private Capital team covers private equity investors across buyouts, growth, venture, infrastructure, and real estate investors. Private Capital is a team within the Corporate & Structured Finance ('CSF') business of Commercial Banking, which originates structured financings, capital markets, and advisory solutions for corporate and private equity owned clients in conjunction with product teams across the bank.
The Associate Director is responsible for originating, structuring, executing, and portfolio managing complex financing solutions and capital financing opportunities to support Private Equity investors operating across the Southeast Asia region.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Financial Sponsors investing across Southeast Asia to originate, structure, and execute complex financing solutions and capital financing opportunities
- Drive deal teams to deliver successful transaction executions
- Lead pitches, discussions and negotiations with Financial Sponsors to ensure business opportunities are identified and delivered
- Work closely with Relationship Managers to ensure annual targets are achieved and ancillary income streams are realized
- Deliver multi-jurisdiction, multi-product, new to bank mandates, delivering ancillary income across the global HSBC network
- Drive initiatives to mine portfolios for financing and event opportunities and to drive wider Commercial Banking revenue streams
- Liaise closely with the Fund Finance and Private Banking teams to deliver fund level revenue opportunities and maximise share of wallet
- Based in Singapore and reporting to the Head of CSF Private Capital, Southeast Asia
- Corporate or investment banking experience with demonstrated experience in leveraged and acquisition finance or the broader structured finance environment. Less experienced candidates will be considered for an Associate role
- Proven origination and execution transaction history in leveraged and acquisition finance
- Strong capabilities in financial modelling, credit analysis and credit presentation and in-depth experience in negotiating legal documentation associated with leveraged and acquisition finance transactions.
- Excellent time management, planning and organisation skills to ensure ability to manage multiple projects and multiple deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to build strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, with ability to interact at a senior and strategic level.
- Sound understanding of banking products and services, including ECM, DCM, Trade, Cash Management, and Interest Rate / FX Markets
- Excellent level of business acumen and commercial awareness, including economic, cultural, procedural and regulatory issues
To be considered for this role, the relevant rights to work in Singapore is required. You'll achieve more when you join HSBC. www.hsbc.com/careers
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.