Job description Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Life is a world-class institution where you can specialize in Insurance but enjoy the advantages that come with being part of a leading global international bank. Insurance is about people, and the promises they make. At HSBC Life we help deliver on these promises by providing a wide variety of life insurance products and services to our clients throughout the Asia-Pacific region.
Our employees enjoy a dynamic and innovative workplace and a world of opportunities to develop their careers in a high-profile growing business segment. We empower our team of high-performing individuals to build skills and explore new experiences to realize the full potential of being part of HSBC.
Together we pursue efficient ways of working. We harness the latest data and technology solutions to achieve meaningful outcomes for our clients. The protection we offer creates broad and lasting impact, helping clients to be healthier, more productive, and more confident in their futures.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a Product In-Force Manager. Principal Responsibilities
- Manage enforce portfolio management of life products to highlight any potential product risks (i.e. Lapsation risks etc)
- Anticipate new Group Initiatives, regulatory update, fund range review etc inherent in product design and proposing solutions
- Manage corporate actions for funds update and other enforce management initiatives such as regular review on ILAS fund range / policy dividend / interest rate / premium / medical benefit schedule etc
- Work as one of core members in the Product Solution team to manage enforce policy portfolio of life insurance products, such as ILAS, whole life, annuities and medical product etc; to ensure all regulatory & contractual obligations are met e.g. GL from IA and AMCM etc; and also highlight any potential risks with life insurance product portfolio
- Develop granular MI for products as under his/her portfolio (both on-shelf and off-shelf) & monitor product performance to manage portfolio risk & support business growth
- Implement projects as assigned related to product development and in-force management to support the execution and delivery of the product solutions with balancing between optimal customer experience and governance/controls. Projects would be but not limited to post-launch product implementation, product demises, ILAS ad hoc corporate action, and regular review on ILAS funds range, policy dividend, interest rate, premium or medical benefit schedule etc
- Identify and report any potential product or system issues that may impact the company, distributions and customers and provide recommendation on resolutions and/or lead the remediation
- Manage and promptly resolve and/or remediate any assigned incidents, complaints, or conduct issues. Ensure that all product related communications are customer centric and easily understood by our customers
- Work closely with all key stakeholders from different departments (i.e. IBS, IT, FIN, RC, Legal, Distribution, Customer etc) and related teams to ensure proper product initiatives delivery across all channels (RBWM, CMB, PB/Brokers, Macau)
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC. http://www.hsbc.com/careers
- Relevant years of experience in insurance industry; preferred experience in financial services or life insurance market in Hong Kong
- Solid experience in product management; knowledge on fund management / ILAS products management is an asset
- Proven analytical, planning and strategic management experience within a product, marketing and strategy function or equivalent
- Strong organization skills and ability to balance multiple priorities at any given time
- Great sense of ownership, able to work under pressure and meet tight timeline
- Creatively and innovatively in often addressing uniquely individual challenges in product development and management
- Possess strong expertise and is able to learn quickly when new products or requirements arise
- Be a self-motivated, pro-active self-starter with the ability
- Have strong business acumen
- Good command of both writing and spoken English and Chinese
- University graduate or above
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.