Job description Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Life is a world-class institution where you can specialize in Insurance but enjoy the advantages that come with being part of a leading global international bank. Insurance is about people, and the promises they make. At HSBC Life we help deliver on these promises by providing a wide variety of life insurance products and services to our clients throughout the Asia-Pacific region.
Our employees enjoy a dynamic and innovative workplace and a world of opportunities to develop their careers in a high-profile growing business segment. We empower our team of high-performing individuals to build skills and explore new experiences to realize the full potential of being part of HSBC.
Together we pursue efficient ways of working. We harness the latest data and technology solutions to achieve meaningful outcomes for our clients. The protection we offer creates broad and lasting impact, helping clients to be healthier, more productive and more confident in their futures.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a Senior Life Operation Manager. Principal Responsibilities
- Deliver end to end services to policyholders across each service touch point throughout the entire policy life cycle
- Act as a change agent to challenge old ways of operations and implementing breakthrough improvements
- Create culture of improvement by identifying and removing any operations barriers and consistently undertake next level of details for process and organizational design to achieve an optimal model to operate
- Base on the proposed operating model and guiding principles, develop the end to end control process and support requirements in cost effective and efficient way
- Take control of the end to end process to develop and execute Lean Six Sigma business improvement program to improve process efficiency and enhance customer experience
- Ensure effective process efficiency of overall policy administration from end to end
- Ensure end to end services are delivered in accordance with procedures and service standard and the business operates in accordance with regulatory compliance requirements
- Continuous to support life operating systems improvement, procedures and processes streamlining
- Management oversight of outsourced policy administrative functions
- Ensure compliance with all guidelines and other operational standards and procedures as well as relevant regulations and laws
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC. www.hsbc.com/careers
- 10+ years of relevant working experience in life insurance operations or project management and a bachelor degree
- Strong people manager with leadership experience
- First line of defence experience
- Knowledge of insurance product and local regulatory requirements for life insurance.
- An analytical mindset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrates leadership capabilities
- Proficient in English
- Ability to balance cost limitations with the wider needs of the company and its people
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement , which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.