Job description Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Life is a world-class institution where you can specialize in Insurance but enjoy the advantages that come with being part of a leading global international bank. Insurance is about people, and the promises they make. At HSBC Life we help deliver on these promises by providing a wide variety of life insurance products and services to our clients throughout the Asia-Pacific region.
Our employees enjoy a dynamic and innovative workplace and a world of opportunities to develop their careers in a high-profile growing business segment. We empower our team of high-performing individuals to build skills and explore new experiences to realize the full potential of being part of HSBC.
Together we pursue efficient ways of working. We harness the latest data and technology solutions to achieve meaningful outcomes for our clients. The protection we offer creates broad and lasting impact, helping clients to be healthier, more productive and more confident in their futures.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as an Actuarial Analyst, Actuarial Analytics. Principal Responsibilities
- Be responsible for daily actuarial working, mainly actuarial analytic related duties (i.e. experience studies and stress testing)
- Provide support to other teams within Chief Actuary's Office ("CAO") to provide key analytical services.
- Propose and review the new methodology, assumption and model development
- Comply with regulatory requirement and IHO risk management framework including IFIM
- Ensure the proper control in place as complied with the SOX and IHO standards
- Assist in implementation of IFRS 17 reporting changes
- Support new product assessment and methodology and assumption setting in regards to the IFRS 17 framework• Conduct actuarial analytic related studies
- Ensure that the financial reporting work is compliance with the External and Internal Audit
- Provide support to Model and Financial Analytics teams, including valuation of new product/methodology/assumptions conversion onto the Prophet system, implementation of new methodology and assumptions and conduct the UAT in accordance with Group standards
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC. www.hsbc.com/careers
- University graduate in Business Administration, Actuarial Science, Business Finance or related discipline
- Good progress with actuarial examinations, and experience in corporate actuarial may be an advantage
- Strong communication skills and good interpersonal skills
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement , which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.