Senior leader with a passion for the agriculture, agribusiness and agri-food industries required. As an experienced, dynamic leader, you’ll provide strategic direction and oversight to FCC’s national Corporate Financing and Senior Accounts team, responsible for the financing, underwriting and administration of FCC’s largest and most complex customers.
We are looking for a strong leader with experience in corporate financing, a significant credit background and a proven history of developing partnerships in the financial industry. This position is designated bilingual (English and French), and the successful candidate must be able to communicate in both of Canada’s official languages. A recruitment agency has been contracted in this case and therefore any external candidates provided by them will be considered.
What you’ll do:
- Strategically lead the development and growth of the portfolio, ensuring a targeted portfolio of assets are disbursed and managed according to eligibility guidelines, corporate strategy and risk tolerance.
- Ensure the portfolio meets targeted collateral and all other due-diligence and risk management requirements.
- Foster a customer-inspired mindset, encouraging sales area staff to deliver an enhanced customer experience.
- Promote understanding of customer needs and relevant customized solutions, value-add knowledge and advice, and simplicity in processes.
- Represent senior management to media, industry partners, centres of influence, and representatives from all levels of government.
What we’re looking for:
- Dynamic leader comfortable leading a high-performing team.
- Experienced motivator who can help team members achieve corporate initiatives and measures.
- Ability to identify areas for innovation in customer and employee experience and sustain an engaged work environment.
- Creative strategist experienced in developing and implementing strategies with an enterprise-wide perspective.
- Confident communicator with demonstrated ability to convey messages with diverse audiences.
- Proven coach and mentor passionate about helping others succeed.
What you’ll need:
- A bachelor’s degree in agricultural finance, business, or commerce and at least 10 years of experience in senior leadership roles (or an equivalent combination of education and experience).
- Extensive financial and agricultural industry knowledge.
- In-depth understanding of lending practices, theories and trends supplemented by knowledge of marketing, sales, credit and risk management.
- Proven leadership qualities and the ability to partner and work cross-divisionally at a senior leadership level.