There is a place for you at T. Rowe Price to grow, contribute, learn, and make a difference. We are a premier asset manager focused on delivering global investment management excellence and retirement services that investors can rely on today and in the future. The work we do matters. We invite you to explore the opportunity to join us and grow your career with us.
ABOUT THIS POSITION
The Portfolio Construction Analyst serves as the chief resource to the Portfolio Construction Services (PCS) team and specifically the Portfolio Construction Specialists, in their effort to provide bespoke analysis, commentary, and insights to financial professionals. For example, one of our popular services is the asset allocation model review where the analyst, in collaboration with the specialist, generates proposals utilizing T. Rowe Price product solutions to create better designed asset allocation models for our financial professional clients. Analysts also support PCS in its efforts to deliver thought provoking market insights or improve our offer by developing new tools and services. Position responsibilities may expand over time to perform more senior activities leading to greater emphasis on either client facing activity, insight development or offer design.
The PCS team is charged with supporting T. Rowe Price’s US Intermediaries Wealth Management division in their efforts to gather and retain clients and ultimately increase T. Rowe Price’s assets under management from the Broker Dealer, RIA and Bank and Trust and Private Bank communities. PCS team success is measured by asset flow and client retention; an analyst’s success will reflect their ability to contribute to those goals by supporting our efforts to generate bespoke/actionable content.
A strong candidate is motivated to learn new information through self-work and prepared to learn through collaboration with other PCS and TRP investment associates. They will show evidence of their ability to gather information in an organized systematic fashion and delve into that information to develop actionable insights. They must be able to tell a story from the data represented. Success requires a mix of strong analytical skill and verbal and oral communication abilities.
Requires specialized knowledge and expertise in their own job discipline and deep experience in integrating related disciplinary knowledge. Leads disciplinary or cross-functional program of notable risk; uses sophisticated analytical thought to identify innovative solutions. Accountable for work of self and others; sets standards around which others will operate. Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations. Acts as advisor to management and key external stakeholders on broad ranging projects. Applies strong analytical skill set and broad investment experience to research and provide analytical support to internal and external clients. Provides advice to stakeholders on portfolio construction services and related investment solutions. Contributes to the development of the firm's intellectual capital.
- Collaborates with lead analysts and T. Rowe Price relationship manager to get an understanding of the client's needs and strategic vision
- Performs analyses to support guidance provided to clients on targeted portfolio construction and investment solutions
- Provides consultation, performance reviews, and analytical services to clients and internal audiences, articulating the strength of T. Rowe Price funds, services, and offers
- Escalates highly complex questions and issues as needed
- May liaise with portfolio team stakeholders and client consultants to gather necessary information to, in part, perform analyses necessary to inform decision-making and advice to the client
- Identifies strengths and weaknesses of T. Rowe Price's tools and methodologies and determines opportunities for improvements
- Contributes to the development of analyses and frameworks. Performs research, gap analyses, and broader market reviews to inform development of tools, methodologies, and other intellectual capital that serve as the backbone of offerings
- Stays abreast of market developments, relevant industry research, and evolving investment themes
- Begins to develop internal and external colleague networks in asset allocation, portfolio, and related disciplines
- May provide guidance to more junior stakeholders in adjacent groups on portfolio construction and how to apply available tools and tactics to their work
- Attends industry and key client events to start developing industry relationships
Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education and relevant experience AND 5+ years of total relevant work experience.
- Passion for financial markets and familiarity with the concepts around Modern Portfolio Theory. This is proven by a CFA designation or demonstrated commitment to the designation through the recent passage of the level 1 exam. Other related designations will be considered.
- Preference for an investment generalist, ideal candidate is comfortable with all asset classes
- Robust industry knowledge with specific knowledge of T. Rowe Price and non-T. Rowe Price investment strategies. Previous manager research experience a positive
- Experience with Morningstar direct.
- Demonstrated ability with excel, preferably building financial models
- Knowledge of coding languages also a plus – Python and/or R specifically
- Investment strategy due diligence experience
FINRA licenses are required and will be supported for this role.
This role is eligible for remote work up to two days a week.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
We strive for equity, equality, and opportunity for all associates. When we embrace the power of diversity and create an environment where people can bring their authentic and best selves to work, our firm is stronger, and we create greater value for our clients. Our commitment and inclusive programming aim to lift the experience for each associate and builds allies for our global associate community. We know that a sense of belonging is key not only to your success at the firm, but also to your ability to bring your best each day.
Benefits: We invest in our people through a wide range of programs and benefits, including:
- Competitive pay and bonuses as well as a generous retirement plan and employee stock purchase plan with matching contributions
- Flexible and remote work opportunities
- Health care benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Tuition assistance
- Wellness programs (fitness reimbursement, Employee Assistance Program)
Our policies may change as our working lives evolve. Yet, our commitment to supporting our associates’ well-being and addressing the needs of our clients, business, and communities is unwavering.
T. Rowe Price is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of thought, gender, and race. We believe our continued success depends upon the equal treatment of all associates and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, gender, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, military or veteran status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by country, federal, state, or local law.