At AIA we've started an exciting movement to create a healthier, more sustainable future for everyone.
It's about finding new ways to not only better people's lives, but to better the communities and environments we live in. We need great Actuaries who want to be part of something bigger than finance alone. Because the better we can nurture our financial wellbeing as an organisation, the better we can support and make a difference for our customers when they need us most. By ensuring our products are well designed and priced, analysing business performance and ensuring proper management of insurance policies in-force, you're not just safeguarding AIA's financial wellbeing. You're securing a better future for the people and communities we serve - today, tomorrow and for generations to come. If that interests you, read on. About the Role
Manage the actuarial valuation and analysis for financial reporting under IFRS 17, lead the team to produce the financial KPIs for IFRS metrics, business plan and regular forecasting to assist the financial management Roles and Responsibilities:
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Actuarial Valuation: Manage the IFRS 17 financial reporting on a regular basis, ensure detailed analysis on the movements in key financials and identify the underlying key drivers for the financial results; Communicate with management on the actual financial performance; Manage the auditor engagement for regular reporting
- Financial Management: Manage the team to prepare the annual budget exercise, perform regular forecast on financial KPIs, highlight the risks and opportunities as part of financial management for meeting Group's financial objectives; Assess the impacts from assumption changes to facilitate the decisions
- Governance & Controls: Manage the team to ensure best practice for process & controls, ensure the team maintain clearly documented audit trail of actuarial valuations including data, models, assumptions and analysis to support the delivery of high-quality financial results and analysis
- Ad-hoc Analysis: Manage the ad-hoc analysis, deep-dive analysis or impact assessment to reveal the financial implications; Identify areas on improving the efficiency and optimizing the reporting process through process enhancement and automation
- People Management: Provide direction, guidance and technical advice to coach and develop team members, provide constructive feedback on a regular basis, encourage team members to take challenge and facilitate growth and unfold the team capacity
- University / College graduate in Actuarial Science or related disciplines
- Minimum 6 years of relevant experience; Candidate with less experience will be considered as Specialist (Assistant Manager)
- Good progress in Actuarial professional examination
- Knowledge in insurance products and IFRS 4 / IFRS 17 will be an asset
- Ability to investigate complex technical issues and communicate the findings and implications
- Proficiency in Actuarial Software - Prophet, especially Prophet ALS is a plus
- Sound knowledge in IFRS 17-related actuarial and accounting system, e.g. SAS sub-ledger is a plus
- Good command of written and spoken English and Chinese
- Proficient in MS Office and data analysis techniques is essential
- You are required to obtain the relevant license(s) if your job involves regulated activities
Build a career with us as we help our customers and the community live Healthier, Longer, Better Lives.
You must provide all requested information, including Personal Data, to be considered for this career opportunity. Failure to provide such information may influence the processing and outcome of your application. You are responsible for ensuring that the information you submit is accurate and up-to-date.