S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making.
We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape. S&P Global Market Intelligence
partners with customers to broaden their perspective and operate withconfidence by bringing them leading data sources and technologies that embed insight in their daily work. The Role:
Service Delivery Manager
The Service Delivery Manager role is part of a global team based in Dallas, New York, London, and Manchester. This Team Member will work with clients globally on their respective implementation and service the client based on their needs. Team Member will be trained on the Markit EDM application as well as other functional software. In this role, you will be evaluating daily feeds and workflow processes, managing change management, communicating with clients, optimizing the process workflow, and responsible for the client runbook. As a Team Member, your responsibilities will include managing the client, coordinating any effort, ensure operating excellence, and evolving the infrastructure automation platform used to power our Cloud Services. Communicating with the client on every aspect along the way. You will ensure the client production environment is operational, optimized, and performing efficiently. Responsibilities of a Team Member also include verification of code releases, deployments are efficient and streamlined. This is a hands-on operational role with a balanced amount of decision making and removing any impediments to achieve operational efficiency. This role is dynamic and provides a fantastic opportunity to build a solid career solving data management issues, communicating with global top tier financial institutions and operational strategy The Team:
The role is dynamic and provides a fantastic opportunity to build a solid career solving complex problems and working with some of the world's top tier financial institutions. You will be trained on the Markit EDM and thinkFolio, and in the informational needs of modern financial institutions. The Impact:
The Solutions Support role is part of a global team based in Dallas, Manchester and Sydney. You will work with clients globally in response to their day-to-day enquiries splitting your time between supporting and advising clients. Support may be as simple as answering a question on how to find a specific function, or as complex as finding the root cause of a problem. What's in it for you:
In this role, you will be monitoring feeds, processes, managing change management, communicating with clients and responsible for the client runbook. Intermediate knowledge of SQL is required, and knowledge of cloud infrastructure is a plus. As a Team Member, your responsibilities will include managing, operating, and evolving the infrastructure automation platform used to power our Cloud Services. You will ensure the client production environment is operational, optimized, and performing efficiently. Also, responsibilities of a Team Member include code releases into Production in an efficient and streamlined manner. This is a hands-on operational role with a balanced amount of decision making and removing any impediments to achieve full operational efficiency. This role is dynamic and provides a fantastic opportunity to build a solid career in solving data management issues, communicating with global top tier financial institutions and implementing operational strategy. Responsibilities:
What We're Looking For:
- Partner with Product Specialists/Development teams to share client feedback/issues to help deliver functionality to clients.
- Investigating and documenting existing procedures and make recommendations for improvements
- Responsible and accountable for Client Communication in Day-to-Day operational delivery; including Change/ Technology/Product/ Support requests, across multiple clients.
- Responsible for understanding, agreeing, and managing Client priorities, whilst feeding into relevant internal process(es) in accurate and timely manner.
- Documenting functional requirements and specifications with detail as it relates to inputs and outputs of file content, systems functions, system controls and performance criteria.
- Help establish best course of action as it relates to Master Data Management.
- Configuring and strategize Markit EDM application to meet client specifications.
- Verifying project deliverables and ensuring they are in line with documented requirements as well as best practice.
- Interacting with clients and colleagues to ensure process workflows are optimized.
- Making recommendations for implementation of new systems and technologies where appropriate.
- Receive customer support requests and provide advice and guidance to clients to resolve the reported problem with appropriate quality and timeliness
- Interacting with clients and colleagues to ensure accurate and timely information flows
- Engage with clients to understand their workflows and make recommendations where required
- Work with clients on business improvements and optimization. Investigate/document existing and new procedures.
- Proactively monitoring and actioning against key metrics for measuring the success of delivery
- Communicate with client on proposed solutions for complex systems or process issues.
- Uphold and contribute to Markit EDM's 'Best Practice' guidelines.
- Participate in the set up and management of client's hosted EDM environment.
- Support, monitor and troubleshoot client's build and process failures.
- Investigate and document existing procedures. Make recommendations for improvements.
- Analyze and review new system functions, the use of these functions in developing general specifications.
- Define systems functions, system controls and performance criteria and measurements.
- Take lead on all operational issues and deficiencies.
- Support all cross functional teams.
- Communicate with Clients daily regarding project issues, deficiencies, optimization, strategy, and resolution.
- Manage Service delivery RAG within internal systems, and able to provide rationale for status through reporting.
- Responsible for driving and facilitating internal collaboration to establish proactive service improvement, client action plans, Root Cause Analysis (RCA), and post-mortem for Incidents or Service Level Agreement breaches.
- Responsible and accountable for maintaining external vendor relationships relating to Client integrations.
- Experience solving complex problems involving technology
- Great attention to detail and ability to logically troubleshoot problems
- Good understanding of investment management across all asset types and geographies
- Experience of working with Front Office Systems either in support, analysis, or fund management would be an advantage
- Organized, able to multi-task, and have positive attitude to achieve deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- 2+ years' experience project managing or coordinating technology and business delivery.
- 2+ years' experience with Microsoft SQL query writing queries including complex JOINS and views. Understanding Microsoft SQL application functionality at a business functional level.
- 2+ years' experience working with relational databases and their architecture. Including reading/writing data to tables.
- 2-3 years' experience around client account management and with effective and clear vocal communication
- Exposure to Fresh Desk ticketing system is preferred, but not required
- Exposure to Markit EDM is highly preferred, but not required. However, it will be the primary application used daily. Training is fast paced along with on-the-job learning. It is required that the candidate be able to time manage self-learning, actively execute their daily duties, and multitask effectively.
- Exposure or a Certified AWS Solution Associate or Architect is highly preferred but is not required. Having an understanding at an Introductory level of AWS is necessary.
- 1 + years working with Microsoft Windows Server and exposure to troubleshooting windows related configurations, understand different machine specs, and an understanding computer architecture. IT experience is preferred, but not required.
- 2 + years' exposure within general financial, asset management, market trading, loan market and energy industry data desired.
- 1+ experience using Microsoft Excel for typical business functionalities.
- Exposure to financial data vendors such as Bloomberg, Moodys, S&P, Charles River, PAM, State Street, Pricing data etc
- Ability to prioritize activities by managing a constantly evolving plan measured against client requirements
- University Degree or equivalent
Compensation/Benefits Information: S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $55,000 - $69,000. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location. This role is eligible to receive S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires.
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
OPRTON203 - Entry Professional (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
289237 Posted On:
Dallas, Texas, United States