Overview Associate, Client Processing Representative I Overview
Put your professional experience to work for one of the world's most recognized and admired financial industry companies with a career at BNY Mellon
Founded in 1784 by Alexander Hamilton, we have not only been an engine behind the evolution of the financial industry, but we have also evolved at every step. Today we are more than 50k+ employees across 35 countries as we continue to build momentum and achieve further growth .
As a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle, BNY Mellon offers an exciting array of future-forward careers at the intersection of business, finance, and technology. Being one of the world's top asset management and banking firms that manages $42 trillion in assets, has 97% of the world's top banks as customers, and one of the first to use computing technology and access the largest dataset available globally, we have the insights, solutions, technology, and talent to shape the future of finance. Required Skills / Experience:
- Applies expertise and judgement in providing quality, and complex client service and support to internal and external clients on a daily basis, including phone interaction, problem resolution, transaction processing (i.e., STP, manual), reconciliations and accounting services, and updates to client accounts in a timely manner.
- Performs complex operational tasks in a product or functional area.
- Conducts independent analysis and policy interpretation.
- Performs complex, manual processing of updates to client accounts or company records.
- Responsible for reconciliations, including reconciling cash breaks, position differences, and gathering and compiling data.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for clients and executes all correspondent requisites in a timely and accurate manner with an understanding of the underlying business and specific client needs.
- Maintains correspondent accounts in accordance with applicable regulations and policies, ensuring regulatory compliance and minimizing exposure related to assigned processing tasks.
- Identifies, investigates and resolves problems in client accounts or company records.
- Works closely with technology and systems teams to ensure the system is efficient and incorporates any necessary risk mitigations. Provides product knowledge and technical assistance, determining when the more complex problems should be referred to a supervisor or senior professional.
- Review and check work of other Client Processing Support staff and help resolve escalated issues.
- May be responsible for allocating and checking work of other team members.
- May be responsible for specific supervisory review and approval actions.
- Responsible for the quality and completion of own work.
- High school/secondary school or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Bachelor's degree preferred. 5-7 years of total work experience preferred. Experience in brokerage processing preferred. Applicable local/regional licenses or certifications as required by the business.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.