Who we are looking for
A equity trader who will execute United States and Latin American equity activity for the team. The role is a key member of the Portfolio Solutions trading team, serving as execution management point person for equities on behalf of the business' transition management, portfolio trading and outsourced trading clients. The role will include coordination across all 3 global regions: Americas, EMEA, and APAC with the potential to progress into other asset classes including fixed income and/or derivatives . Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen, we need driven individual contributors within our organization to cultivate overall team success. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for As an Equity Trader, Officer you will:
What we value These skills will help you succeed in this role.
- Take responsibility for executing regional program trading assignments and single security orders in accordance with agreed upon instructions from the firm's transition management and outsourced trading client base.
- Assist with management of the firm's counterparties (both internal and external) and technology relationships, including continual evaluation and design/redesign of the firm's workflow to improve efficiencies and minimize errors.
- Take ownership for regional best execution responsibilities and counterparty execution quality analysis.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Understand, comply, and implement necessary regulatory responsibilities for portfolio execution.
- Collaborate with other regional trading desks to accomplish global strategic initiatives.
- Assist with the compilation of daily regulatory oversight documents and procedures.
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
- 1-2 years of Capital Markets experience across multiple asset classes, concentrated on execution trading, regulatory compliance, and middle office processes.
- Hold or are willing to attain US FINRA Series 7, 57, 63
- Bloomberg and Fidessa proficiency preferred.
- Flexible hours, including holidays and non-US hours, as required.
- BS/BA degree required, master's degree preferred.
- Firm understanding of global equity securities markets and best execution standards within those markets.
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced, market-driven trading floor environment under the stress of high volume and tight deadlines.
- Ability to diagnose, recommend, resolve, and implement process improvements.
- Ability to service across various product lines, ensuring compliance to industry rules and regulations and multiple market conventions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate with internal and external clients easily and comfortably on trade mandates and instructions.
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don't necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Salary Range:
$70,000 - $115,000 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.