Overview Specialist, Data Management Engineer Bring your ideas. Make history.
BNY Mellon offers an exciting array of future-forward careers at the intersection of business, finance, and technology. We are one of the world's top asset management and banking firms that manages trillions of dollars in assets, custody and/or administration. Known as the "bank of banks" - 97% of the world's top banks work with us as we lead and serve our customers into the new era of digital.
With over 238 years of rich history and industry firsts, BNY Mellon has been built upon our proven ability to evolve, lead, and drive new ideas at every turn. Today, we're approximately 50,000 employees across 35 countries with a culture that empowers you to grow, take risks, experiment and be yourself. This is what #LifeAtBNYMellon
is all about.
We're seeking a future team member for the role of Sr. Specialist Data Engineer to join our BUSINESS SEGMENT OR CORPORATE ORGANIZATION team. The candidate will be responsible for supporting end-to-end data analysis, metrics and reporting via delivery of ETL processing, related SQL DBs, and assisting the infrastructure manager in maintaining the related processing infrastructure. This role is located in Pune/Chennai, MAH/CHN - HYBRID. In this role, you'll make an impact in the following ways:
To be successful in this role, we're seeking the following:
- Building deep expertise in data sets to guide report and owners in navigating the firm's strategic goals and evaluating their data and analytics needs by conducting analysis of multiple data sets and implementing necessary transformations to make data business and use case ready.
- Augment and maintain data by combining internal and external data as required.
- Build and maintain streamlined ETL processes for accessing data from golden source systems.
- Build and maintain ETL processes for accessing data from golden source systems.
- Accelerating the time frame to go from data to insights by building an easy to use analytics UI (using Tableau / PowerBI).
- Leveraging technology to advance the quality of data to drive insights regarding the firm's regulatory reporting.
- Supporting business and program managers with developing necessary technical requirements documents
- Driving improvements to data and infrastructure, in support of our analytics mandates by assisting in server and database maintenance.
At BNY Mellon, our inclusive culture speaks for itself. Here's a few of our awards:
- Degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- Working knowledge on Programming languages, such as Python and Bash
- Experience Required: 10-15 Years
- Rest API experience
- Experience in SQL database design, creation and maintenance
- VCS and CI/CD experience (Git)
- Usage of Linux systems and Docker
- Strong communication skills, both written & oral
- Passion to learn new tools and apply them to challenging problems
- Understanding on JIRA, Agile and SDLC
- Data Visualization skills desired (Tableau)
- Experience in Finance/Banking and Regulatory reporting desired
- Fortune World's Most Admired Companies & Top 20 for Diversity and Inclusion
- Bloomberg's Gender Equality Index (GEI)
- Human Rights Campaign Foundation, 100% score Corporate Equality Index
- Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion , Disability: IN - 100% score
- 100 Best Workplaces for Innovators, Fast Company
- CDP's Climate Change 'A List'
BNY Mellon offers highly competitive compensation, benefits, and wellbeing programs rooted in a strong culture of excellence and our pay-for-performance philosophy. We provide access to flexible global resources and tools for your life's journey. Focus on your health, foster your personal resilience, and reach your financial goals as a valued member of our team, along with generous paid leaves that can support you and your family through moments that matter. BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Underrepresented racial and ethnic groups/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.