Debt Capital Markets (DCM) is responsible for advising on, and marketing, structuring and execution of various forms of solutions for larger and/or complex financing needs. The work is always carried out in close cooperation with the districts and the branches with responsibility for the client in question.
As a member of the team you will be an integrated part of the Group DCM function, reporting to the Head of DCM UK. The successful candidate is expected to be employed on local basis, based in London and will be required to travel in the UK and on occasion to Sweden.Key Responsibilities:
To further strengthen and help develop the Bank's larger corporate client business, by;
- Being a point of contact for the UK districts and branches in all DCM related matters and to help coordinate these within the Group's DCM function.
- Keeping branches and other relevant departments updated on DCM matters, such as market and product trends, pricing and general terms.
- Supporting the branches in their development of the offering to larger corporates, SMEs and larger real estate investment vehicles.
- Actively working with branches to enhance the relationships with existing customers and to develop prospects.
- Acting as a project manager in DCM related transactions, commonly engaging with clients at CFO/FD and Group Treasurer level, banks, lawyers and other professionals.
- Growing and maintaining a commercial contact network around the product area, externally and internally.
- Operating in line with the Bank's Risk Management framework and relevant risk and compliance policies and procedures.
- In-depth experience from investment banking/capital markets and/or extensive experience from dealing with large corporate clients and their financing needs.
- Posession of detailed knowledge and understanding of capital markets products and instruments.
- Being able to lead, negotiate and execute solutions for large and complex financing needs.
- Strong knowledge of corporate analysis, credit evaluation and accounting.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications and other loan/bond market systems and data bases.
- Ability to demonstrate an awareness of the Handelsbanken culture and approach to customers.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Being disciplined in self-management.
- Good problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Team Player.
Loan Originator role competencies:
You must comply with 6 Conduct rules i.e.
- Actively Builds Relationships
- Embraces Change and Technology
- Acts According to Handelsbanken Culture
- Creates Business Value
- Credit Competency
- Role Specific Regulations
- Risk Management, Governance and Control
- Business Development
- Business Orientation
- Ability to Think in New Ways
- Consumer Duty
- act with integrity
- act with due skill, care and diligence
- be open and co-operative with the FCA, PRA and other regulators
- pay due regard to the interests of customers and treat them fairly
- observe proper standards of market conduct.
- You must act to deliver good outcomes for retail customers
This role falls within the Certification Regime
which requires the job holder prior to commencing the role to be certified/ within 12 months to be certified by the Bank confirming that they are "fit and proper" to carry out this role i.e.
- demonstrates honesty and integrity
- competence and capability
- financial soundness.
In addition Criminal record (DBS) and credit checks and regulatory references will be taken as appropriate, which may involve contacting former employers. The job holder will then be required to complete an annual application for certification reconfirming that they are "fit and proper" to carry out their role.