KYC Refresh SME
Glasgow or Northampton
As a Barclays KYC Refresh SME, you will be embarking on an exciting and fantastic opportunity to join a fast-moving team to deliver AML/KYC regulatory objectives whilst delivering a first-class service to stakeholders and customers. As a specialist member of the Global KYC Team within Corporate Bank Operations, you will have an exciting opportunity to provide technical KYC support to stakeholders, taking ownership of training provision, implementing procedural updates, and leading on root cause analysis.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
At Barclays, we offer a hybrid working experience that blends the positives of working alongside colleagues at our onsite locations, together with working from home. We have a structured approach where colleagues work at an onsite location on fixed, 'anchor', days of the week, for a minimum of two days a week or more, as set by the business area (or nearest equivalent if working part-time hours). Please discuss the working pattern requirements for the role you are applying for with the hiring manager. Please note that as we continue to embed our hybrid working environment, we remain in a test and learn phase, which means that working arrangements may be subject to change on reasonable notice to ensure we meet the needs of our business.
What will you be doing?
• Leading technical change of initiatives impacting KYC, guidance and where appropriate sign-off on behalf of functional area
• Embedding the understanding and operation of new processes and policies to include launch support and onward implementation support, coaching and documentation.
• Using expert KYC knowledge to analyse KYC information for a broad range of Corporate/Investment Clients
• Providing robust specialist KYC expertise throughout the KYC Process, in all aspects of process and policy
• Demonstrating excellent communication skills to interact professionally with internal stakeholders and clients
• Working closely with teams within business area to support KYC Leadership in delivering an outstanding performance and contributing to the KYC change programme
• Supporting and advising the Global Operations KYC teams and QC teams on all matters relating to KYC refresh, enhancing and accreditation of KYC Analysts
• Assisting with the end to end process of complex HR cases
What we're looking for:
• Proven experience in an Operations role and experience of working with Financial Crime
• Robust knowledge and understanding of the legislation that affects Barclays and our clients
• Extensive background in end-to-end KYC and KYC Operational experience
• Excellent communication skills dealing with wide range of senior stakeholders
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Prior experience with using the Corporate/Investment Bank's systems (Customer Gateway, Jet Bridge, Swift, Siebel SRS, SOLD and Edocs)
• Knowledge of the roles and business activities carried out by other teams in the Corporate/Investment Bank
• Training and coaching experience
• Ability to interrogate complex data and knowledge of procedural writing
Where will you be working?
Our new state-of-the-art Campus, right in the heart of Glasgow is a hub of creative collaboration. A place where everyone can bring their true selves to work and reach their full potential. Home to 5,000 of our colleagues, our Tradeston campus will support the community in more ways than one - by creating thousands of new career opportunities and celebrating local artists. A short walk from Central Station on the south of the Clyde, it will be a key location for the Barclays business that will deepen our ties with the city and its communities.
Northampton was the birthplace of Barclaycard in 1966 and we've been based in Pavilion Drive since the building opened in 1997.
We purchased the building from the landlord in early 2018 as a sign of our commitment to investment in Northampton. Plans to further develop this Campus-style location are under way to allow for a real collaborative work environment. Based just off the A45 it is easily accessible by both car and bus routes.