Job description Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Private Bank seeks to be the leading international private bank for business owners and their families. It provides clients with wealth, business and family succession solutions in the largest and fastest growing markets around the world. At HSBC Private Bank, we put our clients at the centre of everything we do.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as Asia Chief Control Officer, Global Private Banking & Wealth. Role purpose
The role of GPB&W Asia Chief Control Officer (GPB&W Asia CCO) directly supports the GPB&W Chief Control Officer (GPB&W CCO) and GPB&W Asia Head of Investment Operations within Global Private Banking & Wealth. The CCO role will coordinate risk activities across the first line of defence in Asia to drive these objectives and implement a consistent and effective approach to end-to-end risk management by taking responsibility to:
- Enforcing robust risk governance and ensuring all stakeholders have visibility of key risks and remediation activity Communicating and monitoring risk appetite in line with business requirements
- Conducting high quality and efficient reviews of our control performance
- Facilitating controls remediation where required
- Raising awareness and understanding of risks, controls and risk management
- Continuously improving the control and monitoring of risk, including behaviours
- Overseeing all BAU regulatory programmes including leading the Conduct agenda
- Support the growth of GPB&W in Asia and understand the risk oversight of additional markets
The role is particularly critical in the context of increased internal, as well as external (e.g. regulators) attention to identify, measure, evaluate, control and manage risk effectively. You will support the safe growth of the Bank by challenging senior leaders to avoid introduction of risk. All Operational Risk BAU activity will be managed under this role. Accountabilities will include:
Principal Accountabilities Impact on the Business
- Executing of the Control strategy to improve risk and control management for GPB& Asia
- Providing control expertise and opining on the end-to-end health of the control environment across the GPB&W business
- Leading on the implementation of Group Risk policies and frameworks for Risk Management incl. embedding of Operational Risk Transformation actions
- Managing internal and external audit requirements for GPB&W Asia
- Frequent interface with GPB&W Asia senior leaders on issues related to monitoring, controls and remediation
- Permanent and/or as delegate senior representative on various risk forums
- Increasing risk and control awareness and capability within the GPB&W Asia business leadership teams
- Running and reporting the 1st line of defence reporting in the GPB Asia Risk Management Meeting
- Leveraging CCO global SME's in Non-Financial Risk Management, Wealth, Conduct, Sales Quality, Business Financial Crime and Procedures.
Protect the Bank:
- Work with Global GPB&W CCO to implement the CCO strategy, ensuring appropriate controls are implemented and monitored and that all services and technology are delivered in line with the Bank's risk appetite whilst adhering to all regulatory requirements
- Identify and proactively manage current and emerging risks in Asia related to changes to services, products and systems
- Deliver safer processes and technology, bringing rigour and consistency to controls testing across Asia and addressing gaps in the completion of end-to-end risk and control activities. This will be achieved by implementing and overseeing governance processes, intervening in activities where necessary and agreeing subsequent actions with key GPB&W senior managers and functional colleagues
- Enhance the control environment through the coordination of effective thematic risk reviews across Asia markets.
Enable the Bank:
Customers / Stakeholders
- Facilitate senior management in decision making through insightful and concise recommendations from risk & control management reports
- Increase risk awareness and engagement across Asia GPBW and support functions, and ensure risk is considered proactively
- Support to the Global GPB&W CCO Leadership teams on the end-to-end health of the control environment, identifying and communicating the need for intervention, and sharing best practice with Country CCO teams
- Work on execution of risk communication and engagement plans across Wealth teams
- Ensure effective management of change execution risk in respect of all major transformation in the business
- Ensuring relevant regulation and conduct risk are adhered to across the customer journeys
- Guide product and proposition managers to deliver compliant products and advertising
Leadership & Teamwork
- Develop strong advisory controls relationship with senior stakeholders
- Partner with and appropriately challenge Risk oversight functions and Internal / External Audit to ensure a holistic view of risk profile
- Ensure that all deliverables to stakeholders are concise, precise and impactful
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Support GPB&W CCO in cultivating a positive controls culture across the GPB&W ASP Investment Operations Leadership team
- Assess and build the right capabilities needed to set and execute the strategy to improve the risk and control environment within Asia
- Manage the relationship with the Asia Leadership team to continuously increase risk and control awareness and capability
- Agree responsibilities within formal and informal network, providing context, direction and confidence to deliver results
- Make considered decisions that protect and enhance HSBC values, reputation, and business
- Lead the enhancement of controls management across GPB in the region in highly regulated activities in which HSBC operates
- Lead, inspire and motivate a team to deliver a safe and secure service
- Deputise for the GPB&W Head of Investment Operations for Asia on risk and control related matters as needed.
- Partner with business and function leadership teams to identify, measure, mitigate, monitor and report risk and ensure consistency across functions and the business
- Facilitate the execution of the 3 Lines of Defence model by ensuring audits are planned, executed and reported effectively, working across functions where appropriate
- Drive issues and actions management processes and ensure remediation activities are completed on time
- Enhance the GPB&W control framework through periodic review, including consolidation of key controls and removal of redundant controls
- Ensure implementation of audit recommendations and maintain satisfactory level of audits within the region and associated functions
- Continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
Requirements Requirements Knowledge, experience and qualifications
- Previous experience in Risk Management within a global organisation, working across cultures
- Ability to present complex issues confidently and concisely to Senior Management using simple language
- Comprehensive knowledge of the external environment (risk, regulatory, political, competitors etc.)
- Outstanding relationship management, collaboration and influencing skills with experience of positive, challenging interactions with senior executives across multiple functions.
Focus & Energy
- Risk & Control subject matter expertise
- Ability to distil complex and varied information into useful, insightful and concise recommendations
- Ability to identify, assess and communicate the need for risk management intervention in complex, fast-paced environments.
- Proactive and delivery focused to ensure individual and team tasks are completed on time and to the required levels of quality
- Ability to prioritise team workload effectively, across multiple businesses and countries, in line with business and controls priorities, and work with other resource owners to agree timely provision of services
- High level of drive and self-motivation to ensure delivery of a broad range of outputs simultaneously in a matrix environment
- Committed to personal and professional development both for self and team.
- Skilled decision-maker, making considered and timely decisions, particularly when under high pressure
- Able to delegate effectively where necessary.
- Ability to build senior relationships by communicating, influencing and negotiating effectively with senior executives, non-executives, regulators, third parties and internal management teams
- Ability to use initiative to resolve issues, whilst dealing with a diverse range of stakeholders and team members, distributed across functions and locations
- Experience of building and maintaining strong working relationships across a globally distributed matrix organisation
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with a proven ability to communicate effectively and confidently at all levels across the Group
- Proven capability in building globally distributed, high performing teams of experienced professionals
- Experience of managing staff in a matrix environment without direct line management responsibility for all staff.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- Navigating: understand and translate strategy into own Function, aligning directions accordingly
- Aspiring: be ambitious about providing the highest standards of delivery and embedding them in the team
- Driving: set stretching goals for self and team and deliver them with courage and tenacity
- Mobilising: authentically engage with team, colleagues and business partners to deliver at pace
- Sustaining: make considered decisions that protect and enhance HSBC values, reputation and business
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.