- International Investment Bank
- Exposure to prime brokerage business would be preferred
Our client is an international investment banking firm providing insight, expertise and execution to investors, companies and governments. The firm provides a full range of investment banking, sales, trading, research and strategy across the spectrum of equities, fixed income, foreign exchange, futures, commodities and select asset and wealth management strategies globally. They now invite an outstanding candidate to join them.
Responsible for monitoring and measuring credit risk in Asia according to the Risk Policies and the overarching Risk Management Framework as well as in compliance with the Risk Appetite Statements of the APAC Board. Provide generic credit risk management of businesses across all asset classes in the region, and principally in Securitized Finance by ensuring risk controls are operating to the required standards and mitigating credit challenges posed to the businesses.
- Approving the on-boarding of new counterparties/prospects that generate Credit Risk, the client base is predominantly Hedge Funds in Asia;
- Facilitating the regular review of counterparties, including internal rating and transaction analysis, and approval through the agreed Credit Committee process.
- Monitoring and measuring credit risk according to the Risk Policies and the overarching Risk Management Framework;
- Escalating limit breaches and challenging Front Office;
- Daily margin call process monitoring, follow up margin call delay and limit excess;
- Monitor and exercise control over own portfolio of clients and take proactive actions when necessary;
- Monitoring of the financial markets for emerging risk trends and detecting any breaches of our limit framework or carrying out impact analysis depending on market conditions to ensure credit risks are acceptable, well managed and consistent with risk appetite and market practices;
- Review and opine on credit related clauses in Master Agreements - ISDA, GMRA, GMSLA, etc and other forms of documentation governing transactions;
- Support new business initiatives and approval requests from front office.
- Risk limit framework review and alignment of limits with regulatory capital limits where appropriate;
- Ensure policy and procedure documents are maintained in accordance with firm procedures, are subject to their annual governance cycle;
- Establishing relationships across other departments in order to support cross-functional and business initiatives.
- Assist senior staff to support risk assessments, ensuring compliance with the respective regulatory guidance;
To be considered, you should be a degree holder with a minimum of 8 years of relevant credit risk experience in financial industry. Knowledge of Asia regulatory environment pertaining to large complex financial service organizations. Good understanding of regulatory regime, markets and market characteristics, such as pricing, market liquidity and market volatility, across a broad range of financial instruments. Sound communication skills. Proficiency in VBA, Python, SQL or/and Tableu is a plus.
Interested applicants should send a detailed resume to Michelle Ho
by email to email@example.com
quoting reference eFC3510
(Applicants not contacted within 4 weeks should consider their application unsuccessful.)