At AIA we've started an exciting movement to create a healthier, more sustainable future for everyone.
It's about finding new ways to not only better people's lives, but to better the communities and environments we live in. And we build on this every day with our ambition to engage one billion people to live Healthier, Longer, Better Lives by 2030.
And to get there, we need leaders with the courage, clarity and humanity to inspire, guide and support their teams to thrive every day - in the work they do and the life they live. Our leaders always have and will play a vital part in our journey to help more people live Healthier, Longer, Better Lives, build healthier societies and cultivate healthier environments that better everyone. If you sound like that leader, read on. About the Role
• Lead strategic and tactical initiatives that focus on IT operational efficiency
• Lead cross platform business focused initiatives Roles and Responsibilities: Lead a nimble transformation team to identify and execute on impact initiatives that drive efficiencies in AIA Hong Kong TDA's landscape through optimization of processes, technologies, and shared services. Specifically, these initiatives would focus on:
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Driving efficiency of IT processes and identifying bottlenecks and redundancy
- Driving uplift in IT operational and execution capability through a deep understanding of levers across the IT landscape to enhance efficiency through enablers such as engineering, automation, cloud-native adoption, IAAC, FinOps, DevOps, Agile, SecOps etc. while balancing the needs of process and effective IT controls
- Providing strategic roadmaps for optimization of the technology portfolio through simplification and strategic consolidation
- Providing continuous feedback on measures (both financial and non-financial) such as SLAs and TATs within IT operations to measure impact of initiatives
- Providing research, insight, and analysis on leading industry IT trends to adopt within the AIA Hong Kong IT landscape
- Work with other IT senior management members and group office to ensure alignment of strategic direction of business and IT initiatives/direction
- Ownership of cross platform initiatives that have shared enablers across channel, mid-office, and back-office tiers in the AIA Hong Kong IT Landscape
- Engagement with Business Transformation Office (TO) and ExCo's to drive successful execution of cross platform business focused initiatives and smoothen out change management resulting from Tech rollout
- University graduate with a minimum of 12 years of relevant experience
- 12+ years solid experience with enterprise IT strategy and operations preferably in a financial services organization
- Proven experience in leading IT transformation initiatives through process, technology engineering and change management in an enterprise IT
- Astute in handling C level relationships and interactions
- Strong problem solving and decision-making ability
- Proven experience to identify innovation opportunities, define and deliver innovative solutions
- Proven experience with modern software development technologies and processes. For example, DevOps, Cloud Ops, FinOps etc.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities. Stays in touch with the latest technology market
- Able to work in fast paced and challenging environments
- Creative thinker, proactive, enthusiastic, able to work independently and as a team player
- Sound business knowledge in insurance industry
- Excellent communication, coaching and consultative skills and high EQ
- You are required to obtain the relevant license(s) if your job involves regulated activities
Build a career with us as we help our customers and the community live Healthier, Longer, Better Lives.
You must provide all requested information, including Personal Data, to be considered for this career opportunity. Failure to provide such information may influence the processing and outcome of your application. You are responsible for ensuring that the information you submit is accurate and up-to-date.