FIND YOUR 'BETTER' AT AIA
We don't simply believe in being 'The Best'. We believe in better - because there's no limit to how far 'better' can take us.
We believe in empowering every one of our people to find their 'better' - in the work they do, the career they build, the life they live and the difference they make. So that together we can support even more people - including our own - to live Healthier, Longer, Better Lives. If you believe in better, we'd love to hear from you. About the Role
Support Integrated Reporting team accurately and efficiently in Investment area on all GAAP basis and manage investment accounting function to support management on reviewing investment & unit linked performance and company initiatives. Roles and Responsibilities:
Responsible for the assigned reports to be submitted to regulator or Group Finance:
- Overview BAU operation in investment & unit linked accounting and reporting are in accordance to the requirements of IFRS and the AIA accounting policy under tight timeline.
- Oversee the outsourcing quality of investment accounting performed by outsource party
- Initiates outsource activities for Investment Linked Product to outsource party
- Coordinate the timely and accurate preparation and consolidation of IFRS reporting and support for the IFRS template.
- Assist for Statutory returns and survey from regulator in investment portion
- Assist in system modification and make recommendation in workflow to streamline the process
- Provide analytical support to management and explain for abnormal trends.
- Assist in budgeting management, including budget planning, budget monitoring
Support on Finance Projects:
- Support projects from corresponding company initiatives
- Support for enhancing the existing template to ensure smooth launching of IFRS 17 to BAU
- Work with the team and other relevant parties (such as Human Resources, IT, other departments, etc.) to deliver the result.
- Assist in system development and perform UAT.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Perform other responsibilities and duties periodically assigned by supervisor in order to meet regulator/operational other requirements
- University graduate and a member of recognized professional accounting body plus 6-8 years relevant experience.
- Sound insurance accounting knowledge (especially in IFRS 17) and working experience in sizable life insurance company is a plus
- Knowledge in up-to-date accounting standards
- Experience in mass data analytics
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with innovation
- Proficient in Excel functions, familiar with PowerPoint is an advantage.
- Good command of written and spoken English and Chinese
- You are required to obtain relevant licenses if your job involves in regulated activities
Candidates with less experience will be considered as Specialist (AM level).
Build a career with us as we help our customers and the community live Healthier, Longer, Better Lives.
You must provide all requested information, including Personal Data, to be considered for this career opportunity. Failure to provide such information may influence the processing and outcome of your application. You are responsible for ensuring that the information you submit is accurate and up-to-date.