At AIA we've started an exciting movement to create a healthier, more sustainable future for everyone.
It's about finding new ways to not only better people's lives, but to better the communities and environments we live in. We need great Actuaries who want to be part of something bigger than finance alone. Because the better we can nurture our financial wellbeing as an organisation, the better we can support and make a difference for our customers when they need us most. By ensuring our products are well designed and priced, analysing business performance and ensuring proper management of insurance policies in-force, you're not just safeguarding AIA's financial wellbeing. You're securing a better future for the people and communities we serve - today, tomorrow and for generations to come. If that interests you, read on. About the Role
Produce the actuarial valuation and analysis for financial reporting under IFRS 17, responsible to produce the financial KPIs for IFRS metrics, business plan and regular forecasting to assist the financial management. Roles and Responsibilities:
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Actuarial Valuation: Perform IFRS 17 financial reporting on a regular basis, support the detailed analysis on the movements in key financials and assist in identifying the underlying key drivers for the financial results; Support manager in the auditor engagement for financial reporting
- Financial Projection: Assist in preparing the annual budget exercise and performing regular forecast on financial KPIs to support managers in financial management for meeting Group's financial objectives
- Process & Controls: Ensure best practice for process & controls, maintain clearly documented audit trail of actuarial valuations including data, models, assumptions and analysis to support the delivery of accurate financial results
- Ad-hoc Analysis: Perform the ad-hoc analysis or impact assessment to reveal the financial implications; Support the enhancement of reporting process through automation
- University / College graduate in Actuarial Science or related disciplines
- At least 2 years of relevant working experience
- Good progress in Actuarial professional examination
- Knowledge in insurance products and IFRS 4 / IFRS 17 will be an asset
- Good analytic and problem solving skills
- Hands-on experience with Prophet modelling will be an advantage
- Good command of written and spoken English and Chinese
- Proficient in MS Office and data analysis techniques is essential
- You are required to obtain the relevant license(s) if your job involves regulated activities
Build a career with us as we help our customers and the community live Healthier, Longer, Better Lives.
You must provide all requested information, including Personal Data, to be considered for this career opportunity. Failure to provide such information may influence the processing and outcome of your application. You are responsible for ensuring that the information you submit is accurate and up-to-date.