About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world's most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Working Model:
Please use the below definition for the working model that applies to this role: Hybrid
We have a balanced hybrid working model to ensure you get the flexibility you need, and the successful candidate will spend their time between working in the office and working from home. Location :Bangalore Role:
The job requires working for a Global Hedge Fund Administrator, specializing in administering assets of complex hedge funds. The Position involves people management and other administrative tasks. Responsibilities include understanding of various Corp actions events and exposure to Income. The key responsibilities of the role include: Process Management
- Understanding of various Corporate Action processes includes both all types of Mandatory and Voluntary Corporate Actions.
- Understanding of processing for various Corporate Action events.
- Should have knowledge of break resolution related to any Corporate Action Breaks & income/ dividends related breaks.
- Should have sound knowledge of using various third-party instruments like Bloomberg, Reuters, IDC etc.
- Reconciliation to ensure all the activities processed are correct and break resolution as necessary.
- Analyze and identify discrepancies between client's position and clearing agents with good troubleshooting skills.
- Taking ownership for all the deliverables being sent out by the team with proper review checks.
- Ensuring back-ups are in place for a smoother process flow in case of absences in the team.
- Liaison effectively with team members, internal groups and external counterparties to resolve discrepancies in a timely and efficient manner.
- Involved in testing of new services/ systems enhancements & working with technology team in regression testing.
- Should be able to handle critical queries/issues and escalate on a timely manner.
- Ensuring deliverables are adhered to as per agreed SLAs.
- Ensuring the processes are in adherence with SOPs and the same are updated as required.
- Should be capable of adding and reviewing various control checks.
- Understand and minimize risks associated with cash and position mismatches related to Corporate Actions.
- Issue escalation and resolution on a timely manner.
- Respond quickly and accurately to queries in a high volume, time sensitive trading environment.
- Prioritize time accordingly to action on breaks.
- Developing action plans for resolution of outstanding issues.
- Ability to work on ad-hoc activities.
- Should have the ability to maintain various MIS reports.
- Approachable and able to promote teamwork through creative solutions.
- Good analytical, numerical and reasoning skills
- Time management and delegation skills
- Deep understanding of process and process improvement
- Excellent/advanced knowledge of Excel with VBA experience being a plus; should be familiar with MS Word & Office tools. •
- Excellent English, grammar, written and oral communication skills.
- Adaptive, flexible style with the ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills, detail and results oriented.
- Self-starter with the ability to lead and motivate the team in a fast-paced, dynamic and demanding environment.
- Leadership and organizational skills are needed to prioritize assignments and provide feedback to staff.
- A minimum of 2-4 years of experience in Financial Services environment, preferably in related activities.
- Experience with Hedge Funds, Investment Management and/or Financial Services strongly preferred.
- Bachelor's degree with emphasis in Accounting, Finance or a quantitative discipline. Masters' degree would be an advantage.
- Business exposure to various Financial Instrument and Corporate actions and income side would be an added advantage.
Working with Us:
- Employees are required to comply with the regulatory regime in which Northern Trust operates as appropriate to the above role.
- Employees are expected to exercise due care and diligence, ensuring the areas the incumbent is responsible for are organized and controlled.
- Employees are required to observe proper standards of market, business and personal conduct, demonstrating integrity in the execution of duties.
- Reports to Section Manager / Operations Manger
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater Reasonable accommodation
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com .
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.