Bloomberg is the industry standard for financial data. It's our business and our product. From the biggest banks to the most elite hedge funds, financial institutions need timely, accurate data to capture opportunities and evaluate risk in fast-moving markets. The Product Delivery Management Office (PDMO) works closely with engineering, product and data groups to build empowered, autonomous and multi-disciplinary teams delivering the right product, in the right way, as quickly and efficiently as possible.
As an Agile Program Manager in the PDMO you will join a dynamic team responsible for building cultures of collaboration and driving the execution of business critical and strategic initiatives. In this capacity, you will be aligned to an engineering organization and have the opportunity to establish structure and processes while building relationships. You will collaborate with Product Managers, development teams, and business partners to drive initiatives that enable internal and external clients to use the Bloomberg terminal and various applications built on top of the core infrastructure.
Our engineering groups are responsible for delivering and supporting critical software infrastructure and core services extensively used by our internal and external users and customers. We are looking for an enthusiastic problem solver and an experienced program manager to join us and help deliver these efforts!
This position is a hybrid 3 days per week in our New York City office and 2 days per week remote. We will trust you to:
You will need to have:
- Understand and evaluate value streams
- Manage complex, cross-functional initiatives throughout the product development lifecycle from inception through launch.
- Partner with Engineering and Product to help develop and track product roadmaps.
- Set the right expectations with stakeholders, see around corners, anticipate and mitigate risks.
- Excel in managing initiatives but also keep an eye on the big picture and not be afraid to upend existing systems and processes if need be.
- Assess, adapt and introspect right-fit delivery framework (methodologies, tools and techniques) most appropriate to help the team achieve their goal as efficiently as possible
- Improve team's performance by helping them to continuously reflect and improve, encouraging team cohesiveness through leadership and mentoring to facilitate successful delivery.
- Be able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment requiring good judgment and flexibility.
We'd love to see:
- 3+ years direct work experience in a program/project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience working with lean approaches and agile development practices
- Proven track record of implementing Agile to new and existing teams
- Foundational knowledge of IT infrastructure, architecture
- Foundational knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and software development methodologies.
- Experience in managing and maintaining a portfolio of work efforts, prioritizing and categorization of tasks, costs and risks in a fast-moving environment.
- Demonstrated strong performance in prior roles with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Results-oriented attitude and ability to follow through on tasks in a timely and responsible manner.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- An understanding of large scale software, middleware infrastructure, security or cloud native infrastructure
- Certified Scrum Master or Certified Scrum Professional (CSM or CSP)
- Experience using JIRA for planning and tracking
- Experience in leading or being part of Agile transformation in an organization that previously followed traditional/waterfall software development processes
- PMP, SAFe Certification
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Salary Range: 110,000 - 210,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.
We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.