Cercano Management LLC (“Cercano”) is an SEC-registered investment manager focused on ultra-high net worth clients and the entities associated with those clients, such as family foundations and family offices. Cercano is based in Bellevue, WA, with offices in Wayzata, MN, Atlanta, GA, and Singapore. Cercano invests globally for its clients, commonly operating as the family office Chief Investment Officer. The team has extensive experience in direct investing in all stages of venture capital, private equity, private credit, and public equities on a global basis.
We are looking for an experienced Marketing and Communications Associate to join our Client Service and Marketing team to be an integral part focused on outbound prospective communication, marketing, and relationship building. The ideal candidate will work closely with the senior leadership team to develop our marketing materials with the goal of materializing prospective client relationships, promoting client retention and using targeted opportunities to promote Cercano's brand. This is a highly collaborative, communicative role that must be able to manage internal stakeholders in the development of content and execution.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with Senior leadership to assist with Cercano’s business priorities and growth initiatives by promoting Cercano’s capabilities and expertise.
- Support the creation of key marketing materials, including proposals, brochures, handouts, and pitch books of institutional investment quality for prospective clients and potential investment targets.
- Support the maintenance of the firm CRM database – input and update investor contact information, meeting notes, and investment preferences.
- Assist in and lead the preparation of in-depth, custom proposals and client presentations.
- Be the primary coordinator cross-functionally within the organization to produce marketing materials.
- Effectively organize and catalog marketing content for ease of future use.
- Participates in internal Business Development debriefs to understand and document prospective client’s key business needs.
- Ad hoc projects, as requested.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be capable of operating in a start-up environment and have a “can-do” attitude. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, experience, skill, and/or ability
- 2 - 3 years of experience in Marketing/CRM/Business Development/Investor Relations/Communications in a Financial Services/Asset Management industry.
- Demonstrated ability in distilling dense financial topics and discussions, bringing technical concepts to life, infusing personality into content and framing narratives for different audiences.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with senior leadership.
- Expert in writing and communication.
- Detail oriented with superior organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Team player with the ability to collaborate with others.
- Exceptional project management skills and proven effectiveness at strategic relationship building across internal and external stakeholders through strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
- Pro-active, self-starter with ability to organize, prioritize and execute multiple projects across multiple stakeholders simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment. Goal oriented, self-motivated and results driven.
- Knowledge of financial services products, including but not limited to equities, bonds, private equity/credit, and venture capital.
- Skilled in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and SharePoint) and advanced proficiency in PowerPoint and visual design.
- Strong creative skills and knowledge of graphic design. Technically Savvy.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, English, Technical Writing and/or Business Administration.
SALARY RANGE: $77,800 - $116, 820
Pay will be based on multiple factors, including, and not limited to location, relevant experience/level and skillset while balancing internal equity. Our discretionary bonus program is in addition to the base compensation range listed above. Cercano is committed to fair, unbiased compensation along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate.
Cercano offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance, Health Savings Account with generous annual employer contribution, Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, unlimited paid time off, paid holidays, paid parental leave, opportunity to participate in a 401(k) plan with a generous employer match of 50% of your own contributions up to the standard annual IRS limit, company paid life insurance, and a Health and Wellness Benefit. Employees are also eligible for reimbursement for approved professional development activities.
Cercano is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, sex, disability, political ideology, or veteran status, or other protected class.