As we continue to build out our internal Global Transformation and Change function, we are looking to hire two hands on, experienced Test Lead's to join us, who are able to provide guidance to a team of Test Analysts in the areas of:
• Test analysis
• Test design
• Test execution
• Defect reporting and analysis
You will work closely with Test Management, Project Managers, and the Business Units to ensure the effectiveness of the testing efforts done by the test team. You will do this by ensuring they understand the key program/project testing requirements and success criteria. You will use the framework and documentation templates provided in the test strategy to document test plans detailing; the appropriate methodology, processes and approach for a project, including which test tools to use and whether test automation would be appropriate.
You will be able to analyze project documentation to quickly develop an understanding of the technology solution and will use this knowledge to be a positive contributor in project discussions.
In this role you will be business facing so as well as having extensive testing knowledge, you will need to be able to quickly form business relationships and be expected to champion the reason for / purpose of testing in all interactions. How you'll spend your time....
To be successful in this role you will have....
- Developing a detailed testing plan and monitoring all testing activities throughout the project life cycle
- Reviewing requirements documentation and where appropriate providing feedback to ensure the requirements are clear and testable
- Working with the program/project manager to develop a project plan, schedule, and resource model related to the required testing efforts
- Maintaining thorough records of all test execution results using the designated test management tool for project and audit purposes
- Ensuring defects are documented and tracked through to completion using the designated test management tool for project and audit purposes
- Leading and hands on execution of test cases to validate that all the documented functional and non-functional requirements (if appropriate) have been met
- Producing regular reporting on test progress, defect statistics, and defect resolution to project leadership
- test environment management and the scheduling of releases to minimise the impact on testing progress and the overall project schedule
- Actively seeking to identify and acknowledge program/project issues and take appropriate corrective actions, escalating, as needed
- Educating technology and business partners on the importance of quality assurance, testing and best practices
- Producing an end of phase report detailing the test results and providing a recommendation to management on behalf of the test team
- Actively participating in project phase end review sessions
If you also had this, it would be great...
- Prior experience leading a team of quality assurance test professionals or other technology professionals from a BAU standpoint.
- Experience working with a variety of test management / defect tracking tools (e.g., JIRA, Quality Centre, ADO etc.).
- Expert understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), QA testing concepts, methodologies, processes, and tools as per the ITSQB syllabus
- Strong analytical skills with hands on experience of producing test scenarios and test cases from requirement documentation and execution of those tests.
- Ability to clearly describe the different test methodologies and why one would be more appropriate than another depending on the type of project being undertaken.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others. Showing a positive attitude and being actively involved in solutioning outstanding issues to achieve project and company goals.
- Ability to be positively assertive and diplomatic when working through project quality assurance issues.
- Skilled in understanding business requirements, establishing credibility and building relationships.
About Columbia Threadneedle Investments
- Understanding of test automation tools and how they can be best utilised within a project. Ability to assess whether they would be a project benefit or overhead.
- Extensive testing experience within the Financial Services industry (i.e., broker-dealer, advisor distribution, asset management, insurance, etc.)
- Experience of Aladdin or similar OMS
- Understanding of non-functional testing and the various types of testing that fall under this category.
Working at Columbia Threadneedle Investments you'll find the promise we make to our clients is the same one we make to our employees: Your success is our priority.
Here, you'll find growth and career opportunities across all of our businesses. We're intentionally built to help you succeed. Our reach is expansive with a global team of 2,500 people working together. Our expertise is diverse with more than 650 investment professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset classes and markets. Our clients have access to a broad array of investment strategies, and we have the capability to create bespoke solutions matched to clients' specific requirements.
Columbia Threadneedle is a people business and we recognise that our success is due to our talented people, who bring diversity of thought, complementary skills and capabilities. We are committed to providing an inclusive workplace that supports the diversity of our employees and reflects our broader communities and client-base.
We appreciate that work-life balance is an important factor for many when considering their next move so please discuss any flexible working requirements directly with your recruiter. Full-Time/Part-Time
Full time Worker Sub Type
Permanent Job Family Group