DescriptionFinancial Reporting Accountant - Treasury and Retail BankCity of LondonBanking & Financial Services
- One of UK's leading lenders - stability and career growth
- Diversity in role across treasury, invoice, mortgages
The Financial Accountant - Business Finance will assist in ensuring that the bank implements and maintains a strong and robust financial control environment, appropriately accounts for complex Treasury transactions and ensures the measurement and accounting for financial instruments is in accordance with IFRS.
This role will support Business Finance in accounting, reconciling and analyzing the transactions across the bank. This role is particularly focused in the Treasury department, but will include exposure to the wider team including the Asset Finance, Invoice Finance and Mortgages business'.
The role holder will play an important role in the maintenance of the Treasury Management System (TMS) Quantum from an accounting perspective, ensuring that the system is supported by adequate documentation, provides fit-for-purpose accounting information and MI. There will also be involvement in projects including the automation of the Bank's General Ledger, Oracle, and a project across Treasury to ensure use of the TMS is optimized by the bank.
This role will be based in our London office however, you will be able to work a blend of both home and office each week. You'll be made to feel part of your new team by your Line Manager, and colleagues through regular contact and virtual interaction.
ProfileFinancial Reporting Accountant - Treasury and Retail Bank
- Ensure the control environment is maintained and continues to evolve as the bank grows
- Provide guidance and support on the accounting treatment for funding transactions, including secured funding, articulating the accounting requirements for wider Treasury / Finance teams
- Development and maintenance of the TMS Quantum & Savings platforms from accounting perspective
- Provide technical support to the Bank's hedge accounting strategy and process / system
- Ensure integrity of financials from source systems
- Assist and provide external auditors with supporting documents/schedules
- Experience in Financial Services and Treasury, particularly from an accounting perspective
- Knowledge of hedge accounting, both portfolio and micro and the application of relevant accounting standards
- Understanding of Treasury and Savings products and ability to assess the impact from regulatory, capital, tax and statutory point of view
- User of Treasury systems, ideally Quantum and QRM
- Solid understanding of robust controls environment
- Strong Excel skills are a must, SQL experience is advantageous and knowledge of Python/R desirable but not essential
- Proactive self-starter who can successfully operate in a changing environment
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Company stakeholder pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Maternity, Paternity and Adoption scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Retail discounts
- 30 days annual leave