The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring that the Natixis UK Resilience Framework, covering Business Continuity, Crisis Management, First Line of Defence Controls and Monitoring, Exercising Processes, Standards and Procedures continue to reflect the requirements of Regulators and the expectations of Senior Management. They will be expected to work closely with the businesses and other support and control functions to identify local risks and global dependencies, apply relevant global and local rules, policies and standards consistently across all Natixis London Branch providing for operational resilience and governance.
Under the supervision of the Head of Operational Resilience for Natixis UK, the incumbent will be responsible for:Contributing to the definition and maintenance of the Resilience Management and 1LOD Control Framework for Natixis UK
Oversee the Business Continuity Management
- Contribute to the definition of the BAU methodology to identify risks to the resilience of the activities performed by Natixis UK Branch: Risk taxonomy, evaluation and priorities, across all businesses, support and controls activities
- Perform the review and assessment of mitigants and controls in order to continuously ensure robustness and effectiveness in the prevention and detection of events likely to present a threat to Natixis UK resilience
- Produce monitoring tools, key performance indicators, key risk indicators, relevant to the appreciation of the performance of the control framework
- Prepare and support the facilitation of governances enabling Senior Management to steer the decision of the branch towards the continuous strengthening of the Branch resilience
- Prepare and lead trainings to Natixis UK staff on the topics of resilience
- Participate in the anticipation of and lessons learnt from internal and external events, consultations or regulatory changes that may require a reassessment of Natixis UK Resilience set-up
Oversee the Management of Outsourced Services of Natixis UK
- Overall ownership of Business Continuity Risks and Controls for Natixis UK, including ownership of Crisis and Major Incidents Management
- Develop and scale the branch Business Continuity Plan, continuously updating it to consider new organization and new ways of working, implement and ensure testing is regularly done
- Assess effectiveness of continuity plans; propose and monitor enhancement plans where relevant,
- Planning and executing full user recovery, crisis management and crisis communication tests on a regular basis (working with the central Head Office BC team, where appropriate), including analysing problems encountered, proposing and implementing solutions; track and report on actions emerging from lessons learnt on incidents and tests to ensure the continuous improvement of the plan
- Own and maintain the London Branch Business Continuity Plan documentation, including BIA, BCP, scenario analysis, response and evacuation procedures. Ensure this document is available to staff and accessible for local regulators/clients, as required
- Coordinate, challenge and document business impacts assessments on a holistic basis
- Liaising with Second Lines of Defence, ensuring there is a fully effective end-to-end business continuity framework and adequate policies and procedures
- Monitor in collaboration with Compliance any updates or changes to the local and global regulatory environment, any rule or guideline involving operational resilience. Anticipate necessary impact analysis and changes by closely following regulatory consultations and industry groups. Lead impact analysis liaising with all functions of the branch, refresh business continuity framework accordingly, implement change management and monitor execution. Lead the adaptation to any new UK Financial Conduct Authority guideline or regulation,
- Contribute to Audit investigations and ensure swift and diligent completion of recommendations
- Maintaining an up to date contact list for group heads/alternates to be used in a recovery/BCP situation, in collaboration with HR and with respect to data property laws,
- Ensure usage or upgrade of BCP tools and systems allowing to demonstrate documentation, audit trail, and communication of the BCP scenarios, plans, tests, alerts crisis situations,
- Investigate, endeavour the research for sustainable solutions, or escalate issues and anomalies challenging the usage of business continuity plans
- Ensure cross-team collaboration between users and internal and external processing services providers critical to the continuity of the business and in particular perform requirements analysis of each business unit and ensure these are regularly reviewed/updated and variations are communicated to IT so evaluate RTO and RPO, and where appropriate for updating of BCP and Disaster Recovery plans
- In line with the requirement of FCA's requirements on risks supervision by Senior Management, contribute to the branch governances on topics related to operational resilience and business continuity ; design, implement and regularly communicate on Key Management Information to ensure management awareness on readiness of the branch in case of operational resilience issue
- Liaison with Head Office BC team for maintenance of the business continuity database & enabling and upholding appropriate reporting mechanisms.
- Setting up a functional disaster recovery site, including close liaison with the London based IT team on the technical elements;
- Managing the relationship with external DR providers;
- Ongoing monitoring and analysis of threat environment and threat level in London;
- Awareness training as required for staff and local core crisis management team.
- Upholding of Business Continuity procedures, policy and controls and where applicable, responsible for any deviations.
Key skills and experiences
- In collaboration with Outsourcing Key Function Holder (Second Line of Defence) and global Oversight teams, in line with Outsourcing regulations, implement and maintain the Know Your Suppliers framework, establish to manage Outsourced Services
- Act as a point of contact, for business owners/contract managers, in the execution of assessment, due diligence and validation of new outsourced services
- Coordinate the necessary due diligences and risk assessments in line with policies and methodologies defined at group level
- Coordinate the solicitation of experts and legal functions in support to business owners/contract managers
- Facilitate the OES Governance
- Report progress, performance indicators, risk indicators, actions, next steps, issues, escalations when relevant to Senior Management and Governance
- Publish OES Reports to the OES Register.
- Remediate contracts where necessary
- Participate to projects aiming at continuously enhancement the monitoring of risk linked to the usage of External Services
- Management, monitoring and continual improvement of BCM; and the alignment to Group policies and standards, as well as regulatory requirements.
- Rigorous, disciplined, pragmatic approach.
- Excellent written and oral skills.
- Analytical skills, including the ability to present ideas clearly to others and to identify and escalate issues of concern to management, as appropriate
- Ability to work in a pressured environment while prioritising appropriately competing objectives
- Supportive and reliable team member.
- Capacity to constructively challenge business owners
- Self-motivated, capable to work autonomously
At Natixis, we create tailor-made solutions in Asset & Wealth management, Corporate and Investment banking, Insurance, and payments, with over 12,000 staff members in 35 countries.
At Natixis, you have a great opportunity to join an entrepreneurial, agile and growing organisation, and to be part of an inspiring team. We offer a competitive remuneration package and generous total reward package and as an inclusive employer, we are also open to considering flexible working arrangements. We continuously work to create an environment that promotes diversity and inclusion in all its forms, across gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity and background. We believe this creates equal opportunities for our employees - and better outcomes for our clients and communities.
We are committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruitment process.