Our team is looking for London based Software Development professional to work closely with a number of local business groups, as well as the global application support team.
This is a great opportunity to work in a growing financial services support team and work closely with key business stakeholders to understand issues and provide solutions.
What You'll Do:
- Work closely with the business and global support team to comprehend technical and functional requirements, develop, QA, and implement business-driven requests, enhancements, and software upgrades.
- Provide support and maintenance of platforms owned by the team and prepare documentation on delivered solutions.
- Use your technical and business knowledge to help the team create and maintain acceptance criteria for user stories
- Help our Business Analysts by giving suggestions from a quality assurance perspective regarding user experience, possible performance issues, and future bugs.
- Look at improving our operating environment through the implementation of automation and monitoring, identifying and reducing risk
Technologies You'll work with:
- AWS cloud
- Development tools - Git/Bamboo/JIRA/Bitbucket (Stash)/Cloudbees
To succeed in this role, we think you should have:
- Strong experience in Java and SQL development
- Strong problem-solving skills with a focus on business outcomes
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, including a demonstrable ability in troubleshooting and root cause analysis
- Ability to communicate problems and solutions effectively with both business and technical colleagues
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural and global team
- Passion for creativity and innovation
In this role you will be able to see first-hand the positive impact your work has and how it supports revenue growth and operational efficiencies.
We operate in a flat structure. The members of the team are encouraged to take ownership and accountability of their work, collaborating with senior members of the business to identify new opportunities.
We encourage our team members to play multiple roles; from business analysis and requirements gathering to delivery and risk management. Through this process our team gains a better understanding of the process of product delivery and has an opportunity to develop different skills and explore different career paths.
Having a Learning Mindset is a key value of our group and we support our staff by giving them access to a variety of learning resources and accreditation. About the Corporate Operations Group
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Corporate Strategy & Solutions, and the Macquarie Group Foundation. We deliver service excellence to ensure Macquarie is open for business, deliver on transformational change, invest in our people and have deep relationships with our customers. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of 'empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future', we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you'll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.