We're looking for a Director, Business Integration to join us in Hammersmith.What will you be doing?
The Director, Business Integration plays a key role in Merger, Acquisition and Venture activity in the Liberty Global ecosystem. This is achieved through activities such as stress testing the business plan, synergies, capital structure and transitional service agreements. From an Integration perspective, the Director will be charged with ensuring operations and affiliates within the Liberty Global portfolio are set up for success in areas such as performance monitoring and leveraging the expertise of central services. You will be responsible for the following:
- Direct discussions with the M&A team to embed Finance requirements into the deal structure
- Coordinate with the M&A and Strategy teams to ensure the findings from financial due diligence are accurately reflected in business plan and SPA prior to signing
- Direct Financial Due Diligence including negotiations and hiring of external advisors
- Lead end-to-end engagement process
- Manage the internal budget approval process
- Lead daily interactions with external advisors
- Manage delivery of agreed deliverables within budget
- Ensure timely invoice settlement
- Ownership of Synergies / Dis-synergies based on bottom up analysis backed by LG benchmarks
- Ownership of synergy estimates and coordination with the Strategy team to ensure these are accurately reflected in the business plan
- During the diligence phase, lead the cost synergy validation process
- Balance the value trade between purchase price and transitional service revenue
- Act as sparring partner to VP Business Integration
- Ensure standardized CAR approach for the evaluation and performance monitoring of all acquisition plans
- Post signing play a key role in the integration planning process with a strong focus on synergy delivery and Day 1 readiness
- Post closure ensure synergy realization and provide analysis of targeted versus achieved synergy results
- Benchmark achieved synergies
- Support local teams in the delivery of integration plans across LG affiliates
- Coordinate post acquisition integration in conjunction with various LG groups
- Identify financial integration issues and direct the project team to facilitate a successful integration and seek to improve the integration process based on benchmarks
We tend to look for people with:
- Ensure current and prospective portfolio investments align to LG Finance Standards and Principles
- Instill Liberty Global best practices and performance monitoring
What's in it for you?
- Bulge Bracket Investment Banking or Big 4 Transaction Services Experience
- MBA, CFA or CPA preferred but not required
- Financial experience: Working with financial budget, actuals, business cases, modelling and project co-ordination
- M&A and Integration experience
- Experience in International or Pan-European environments
- Leadership: Ability to build a strong team with clear succession planning and career development goals
- Management: Unflinchingly lead a team in a highly demanding environment with non-negotiable deadlines
- Coordination: Able to work across numerous departments and disciplines to achieve a common goal
- Communication: Clearly and concisely convey ideas to senior management to drive timely decisions
- Able to manage the detail while retaining an overview
- Competitive salary + Bonus + Equity
- 25 days annual leave with the option to purchase 5 more
- Access to wellbeing and mental health benefits such as the Calm app, personal medical, critical illness cover and dental insurance
- Matched pension contribution up to 10%
- Access to our car benefit scheme
- Access to our online learning platform to continue to develop and grow your career with us
Who we are:
We're building Tomorrow's Connections Today, bringing people together through the power of our technology.
Liberty Global is a world leader in converged broadband, video and mobile communications and an active investor in cutting-edge infrastructure, content and technology ventures.
With our investments in fibre-based and 5G networks we play a vital role in society, currently providing over 85 million fixed and mobile connections and rolling out the next generation of products and services, while readying our networks for 10 Gbps and beyond.
We're creating national champions, combining the best broadband and mobile networks under brands such as Virgin Media-02 in the UK, VodafoneZiggo in The Netherlands, Telenet in Belgium, Sunrise in Switzerland, Virgin Media in Ireland and UPC in Slovakia.
Liberty Global Ventures, our global investment arm, has a portfolio of more than 75 companies and funds across content, technology and infrastructure, including strategic stakes in ITV, Univision, Plume, Lionsgate and the Formula E racing series.
Our scale enables us to transfer knowledge and expertise across our operations and investments, creating a dynamic family of brands united in the pursuit of innovation and excellence.
And we're prioritising diversity, equity and inclusion in our workplace and communities, while reducing our impact on the environment. We are using technology as a force for good; for our people, our partners and the planet.
Liberty Global is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process. We're 100% committed to having a workforce that represents every part of our society. So we're keen to hear from candidates of all background and circumstances.
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check, which will be performed by a 3rd party provider (Sterling), on behalf of Liberty Global. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, qualifications, contract information, right to work, and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the position.
You can read more about how we process your data here Privacy & Security Policy - Liberty Global, and If you wish to exercise your privacy rights please contact: Peopleservices@Libertyglobal.com