At MFS, you will find a culture that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and demonstrate care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. THE ROLE
The Client Service Manager directs and performs new account on-boarding and client service functions for a dedicated group of Institutional and Wholesale/ Platforms (if applicable) clients, by developing relationships and providing value added services. Works together with the Relationship Manager and other areas of MFS to service clients and ensure strong team communication on relevant matters. Takes the lead as the client's liaison for administrative and operational matters. Responsible for initiating, developing, and maintaining organizational structure/systems/processes to ensure that client needs are met on a consistent, accurate and timely fashion and in compliance with relevant MFS policies.
A key member of the MFS Relationship Team for a dedicated group of sophisticated Institutional, Wholesale clients and prospects including Defined Benefit and Defined Contribution Plans, Public Plans, Endowments/Foundations, Sovereign Wealth, Insurance, and certain Sub-Advisory plans investing in a variety of equity, fixed income and multi asset products in separate accounts and pooled vehicles. WHAT YOU WILL DO
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Partners with the Sales and Relationship Management Team during the on-boarding of new accounts and is a key point of contact for clients and internal business partners during these complex, highly visible transitions.
- Responsible for coordinating both the internal and external review and negotiation of contracts and investment guidelines, operational and regulatory documentation, and funding activity (excluding operational set ups with custodians and other client appointed third parties).
- Works with the Product Management and Investment Teams to identify and resolve any guideline issues with the client.
- Partners with the Global Transition Team to ensure operational aspects of the transition are communicated and resolved.
- Engages with client to understand unique reporting or operational requirements and work with relevant MFS internal business partners to identify areas of customization for further discussion, ultimately being responsible for ensuring that the client's reporting needs are met.
- Ensures timely, clear and concise communication of client and prospect information to ensure MFS can meet their unique requirements. Documents all new requirements and procedures within the department protocol and escalates areas of concern.
- Responsible for updating the Client Relationship Management system (CRM) once business has been won, presenting upcoming transactions at meetings and managing all feedback received. Key contributor during post-funding discussions to identify improvement opportunities.
- Partners with the Relationship Manager to service existing clients and on-boarding of new accounts as it relates to cross sell activity. Leads and supports the successful resolution of all operational issues identified by the clients, their consultant or custodian bank, as well as internally assessed challenges.
- Works directly with clients and other MFS departments regarding: cash flow notification, portfolio rebalancing, in-kind transition coordination, reporting requirements (e.g. performance, account transactions, and market/attribution commentary), compliance reporting and certifications, contract amendments, guideline changes, directed brokerage requests, compliance matters, due diligence, and operational details.
- Project manages any changes or updates to client investment guidelines initiated by the client; working with Product Management and Institutional Portfolio Managers (IPM's) and Compliance to implement. Project manages the communication and implementation of MFS driven changes or enhancements to product guidelines.
- Works with the Relationship Manager to prepare for client meetings by providing a status of relationship and updates on completed and ongoing matters; participates in the effort to prepare and finalize portfolio review materials. May participate in or host meetings at MFS or at client sites as appropriate.
- Works closely with other MFS departments (e.g., Global Transitions, Portfolio Management, Product Management, Legal, Compliance, Operations, Client Reporting, Finance, and MFD) to ensure strong team communication on relevant operational and administrative matters and new projects.
- Updates CRM with all client touch points. Maintains client records, client contracts, and correspondence in firm databases as required. Ensures work meets department standards and initiates procedures to improve processes and overall quality control.
- Collaborate with the Sales/Relationship Coordinator(s) within their territory on a as needed basis. The coordinator is responsible for organizing the logistics of prospect and client meetings working closely with other MFS departments to pull together presentation materials. The Client Service Manager and Coordinator may work together to field inquiries from clients and sales prospects and will provide firm level information and portfolio data as requested.
- Ensures timely, clear and concise communication of client and prospect information to make certain MFS can meet their unique requirements. Documents all new requirements and procedures within the department protocol and escalate areas of concern or those thought to be challenging.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as requested.
- Bachelors' degree or equivalent experience preferred. MBA and/or CFA preferred.
- Fully proficient in English and German language, spoken and written essential
- Exceptional organization skills, ability to work independently as a team player with all levels of the firm.
- Strong attention to detail, and commitment to the highest quality standards.
- Excellent written and oral communication, proven project management, analytical skills, strong influencing, and negotiation skills. Ability to work well with and manage projects & transitions that include representation from individuals at all organizational levels.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work effectively and show adaptability to changing internal priorities and client demands.
- Thorough knowledge of relevant PC programs, including Microsoft Office and familiarity with CRM platforms. Ability and willingness to learn new programs as needed.
- Preferably minimum of five to six years of Institutional Investment industry related experience
- Transition Management experience preferred.
At MFS, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you are excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply - you might be just the right candidate for this role or others. What we offer:
At MFS, we view our employees as family - and like you, we want our family happy and healthy. That's why we provide competitive benefits programs and family-friendly policies which support the work-life balance needs of our employees.
MFS is a hybrid work environment
(remote/onsite) unless otherwise stated in the job posting .
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email email@example.com for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. Please see the Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal document and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision , linked for your reference.