Securitized Products Origination VP
New York, NY
This role is regulated by FINRA
As a Barclays Securitized Products Origination Vice President, you will join one of the top underwriters of asset-backed and mortgage-backed securities in the US. This is an opportunity for you to work with both senior and junior bankers on transaction execution and new business origination activities. The specific responsibilities of this role will include financial analysis and structuring, cashflow modelling, interaction with rating agencies, support in inquiries during deal marketing and analysis.
Salary / Rate Minimum: $155,000
Salary / Rate Maximum: $250,000
The minimum and maximum salary/rate information above include only base salary or base hourly rate. It does not include any another type of compensation or benefits that may be available.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
Colleagues who perform 'onsite' roles will spend four or five days a week working onsite, depending on the requirements of their role and business area. Please discuss the working pattern requirements for the role you are applying for with the hiring manager. Please note that as we continue to embed our hybrid working environment, we remain in a test and learn phase, which means that working arrangements may be subject to change on reasonable notice to ensure we meet the needs of our business.
What will you be doing?
• Coordinating with internal and external deal teams, rating agencies, investors and accountants to execute term ABS and warehouse lending positions for the firm
• Creating complex cashflow models, in Excel and Intex, to interpret and optimize transaction structures
• Quantifying and evaluating credit risk on lending opportunities
• Preparing structures and documented analytics with accountants
• Coordinating with sales force and investor community during deal marketing
• Reviewing and commenting on legal documentation for term ABS and warehouse lending
What we're looking for:
• Bachelor's Degree and five years' experience in term ABS or asset based lending transactions
• Quantitative acumen
• Firm understanding of bond math
• Expert skills in Excel
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Understanding and experience across multiple asset classes within ABS and RMBS
• Prior experience with Intex is preferred, but not required
• Experience with VBA is preferred, but not required
• Student Loan ABS experience is preferred, but not required
Where will you be working?
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 32-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building.