About Us Wellington Management
offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours.
About the Role THE POSITION
The Administrative Manager is part of a team responsible for 150 support positions in the Americas and London, reporting to the lead Administrative Manager, and working cross-functionally in a global, matrixed environment. This role currently supervises 25+ administrative professionals supporting the investment platform in the firm's US offices.
The position's mandate includes effective resource management for the firm, leveraging the time of the firm's investment professionals through the provisioning of administrative support, and providing authentic, development-focused management to direct reports. The ideal candidate is an experienced personnel manager interested in programmatic leadership in an evolving function. RESPONSIBILITIES
The role is responsible for the strategic and tactical management of administrative professionals. Responsibilities will include:
- Recruiting & Hiring
- Consult with hiring teams to determine job descriptions & interview process
- Work with HR to ensure sourcing of desirable candidates
- Gather interview feedback & make hiring recommendations
- Coordinate onboarding of new hires
- Performance Management
- Construct feedback vehicles & manage related processes
- Address ad hoc performance concerns
- Track attendance; coordinate leaves & other work interruptions
- Determine and deliver compensation decisions
- Training & Coaching
- Provide a training program & materials that enable rapid and ongoing assimilation of core competencies
- Provide ongoing learning opportunities to promote employee engagement and potential career advancement
- Coordinate with relevant departments to deliver training on new technologies and procedures
- Morale & Team Building
- Track and recognize various milestones & holidays
- Implement team-building activities to foster a collaborative environment
- Resource Management & Floater Coordination
- Evaluate staffing levels and identify potential efficiencies and creative solutions across businesses including the deployment of new processes and technologies
- Ensure adequate back-up and cross-training
- Coordinate floater Assistant team
- Business operations
- Foster constructure relationships with stakeholders and firm leadership
- Coordination of general management processes across business units including financial budgets, business continuity planning, real estate and visitor management, etc.
- Represent administrative management and participate in various initiatives and projects across the firm
- Collaborate with peers across the firm who are in similar roles, as appropriate
- Other duties as assigned
- Undergraduate degree with strong academic credentials
- Minimum 3 - 5 years' recent experience with direct personnel management of a significantly-sized population, preferably in a mid-to-large sized professional services environment; candidates with recent Human Resources experience may also be considered
- Demonstrated competence in both process/program management (e.g., development and implementation of curricula, best practices, control procedures, etc.) and data-driven project management
- Excellent business judgment and decision-making within "people-centric", collaborative environments
- Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion goals
- Outstanding "soft skills": demonstrated excellence in both oral and written communication, relationship management, emotional intelligence, diplomacy, conflict resolution
- Prior exposure to global contexts, whether via professional or personal experience
- Proactive & creative approach to change management; knowing when to act independently and when to seek a broader audience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, where multiple priorities change frequently, and deadlines are often under significant time pressure
- Outstanding work quality, detail-orientation, and follow-through
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and enthusiastic proponent of new technologies
- Humility, can-do attitude, sense of humor, and team-focused work ethic
The nature of this role requires the ability to work between the hours of 8 am - 5 pm with high reliability and additional scheduling flexibility as needed including scheduled early morning or evening meetings. This role also requires an ability and willingness to travel domestically.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? That's ok. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply and welcome a chance to review your background. We are dedicated to building and maintaining a diversified workforce and considering a broad array of candidates with a variety of skill, workplace experiences, and backgrounds.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMWTalentOperations@wellington.com .
At Wellington Management, our approach to compensation is designed to help us attract, inspire and retain the best talent in our industry.We strive to pay employees fairly and competitively across all levels and roles. Our approach to compensation considers all aspects of total compensation; all employees are eligible to receive salary, variable compensation, and benefits. The base salary range for this position is:
USD 65,000 - 150,000
This range takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered when making compensation decisions, including but not limited to skill sets; role; skills and experience; certifications; and education. This range is an estimate, and further details on salary and total compensation aspects will be shared with candidates during the recruitment process.
Base salary is only one component of Wellington's total compensation approach. Other rewards may include a discretionary Corporate Bonus and/ or Incentives, if eligible. In addition, we offer a comprehensive and high value benefit package to meet the unique needs of our employees and their families. Examples of our benefits include retirement plan, health and wellbeing, dental, vision, pharmacy coverage, health savings account, flexible spending accounts and commuter program, employee assistance program, life and disability insurance, adoption assistance, back-up childcare, tuition/CFA reimbursement and paid time off (leave of absence, paid holidays, volunteer, sick and vacation time)