Conduct bottom-up, fundamental equity research on publicly traded individual equities with a focus on domestic large capitalization companies. Provide research coverage and make recommendations on individual equities to support the Fifth Third Wealth & Asset Management (W&AM) Division Portfolio Managers and centrally managed equity strategies. Work under the direction of the W&AM Team Lead, Equity Research.
Responsible and accountable for risk by openly exchanging ideas and opinions, elevating concerns, and personally following policies and procedures as defined. Accountable for always doing the right thing for customers and colleagues and ensures that actions and behaviors drive a positive customer experience. While operating within the Bank's risk appetite, achieve results by consistently identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring, and reporting risks of all types.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Perform quantitative and fundamental research on individual equities for use in client accounts.
· Conduct industry and sector research to assess trends and identify potential changes that could impact growth rates, returns on investment, or valuations.
· Build, update, and maintain financial and valuation models of companies under coverage.
· Effectively communicate, explain, and defend investment recommendations.
· Create written, formal equity research reports supporting stock recommendations.
· Keep the W&AM Portfolio Managers informed of the trends of business conditions and/or other issues that could affect domestic capital markets and individual stock prices.
· Keep W&AM Division Portfolio Managers informed of developments associated with stocks under coverage, through emails, conference calls, and in-person visits.
· Special project work as assigned.
May occasionally have supervisory, coaching, and/or mentoring responsibilities for more junior Equity Research staff.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
· Bachelor's degree required. MBA preferred.
· CFA designation strongly preferred.
· Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills.
· Strong quantitative and analytical skills with experience building financial models.
· Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
· At least five to seven years of investment industry experience.
· At least two years of investment research experience required.
· Experience using investment tools such as Bloomberg and Capital IQ.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
· Normal office environment with little exposure to dust, noise, temperature, and the like.
· Extended viewing of monitor.
· Some travel may be required.