Vice President, Investor Relations
Who We Are: AltaGas is a leading North American infrastructure company that connects customers and markets to affordable and reliable sources of energy. The Company operates a diversified, lower-risk, high-growth Utilities and Midstream business that is focused on delivering resilient and durable value for its stakeholders.
The Role: Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Corporate Development and Investor Relations, the role will center on maintaining and enhancing AltaGas’ relationships with the investment community and helping to deliver durable shareholder value creation. This will include developing best-in-class disclosure and investor communication materials that outline our financial performance, corporate strategy, and growth prospects. The role includes a broad range of responsibilities including investor presentations, press releases, reporting materials, quarterly earnings calls, investor day planning and preparation that will help communicate who we are as a company and what the capital markets can expect from AltaGas.
To be effective in this position, the successful candidate will have an ability for critical thinking, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, leadership experience, and excellent communication skills, both written and verbally. We would emphasize that only team-oriented candidates should apply. We work on challenging projects, and we do so as a team. We structure our days without hierarchy or bureaucracy, and we hold ourselves accountable to each other, our stakeholders and our work. And in that regard, nothing is more important than building and operating with a strong culture.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Support the Senior Vice President, Corporate Development and Investor Relations, with the development, implementation and execution of the Company's Investor Relations program.
- Develop a strong working knowledge and understanding of AltaGas' businesses, operations, and financial performance.
- Develop and lead quarterly disclosure materials, including press releases, presentations, conference call scripts, corporate messaging, and Q&A documents for Senior Management.
- Work collaboratively with the Enterprise Reporting team to deliver high-quality disclosures.
- Create thoughtful and innovative presentation content for investor presentations, meetings, and conferences.
- Build strong relationships with the sell-side and buy-side investment communities and develop messaging and responses to analyst and investor requests in a timely manner.
- Monitor market trends, competitive landscape, and industry dynamics to provide insights that enhance investor understanding of the company's position and strategic direction.
- Collaborate with legal and compliance teams to ensure compliance with regulatory reporting and disclosure obligations. Maintain a strong understanding of applicable securities laws and regulations.
- Identify and target potential investors to expand the company's investor base. Develop strategies to engage with new and existing shareholders.
- Develop and manage a high-performing Investor Relations team. Provide coaching, development opportunities, and performance feedback to team members.
- Work cross functionally with Midstream, Utilities, Finance, Treasury, Tax, Investor Relations, Human Resources, Digital and Supply Chain on major projects.
- Work independently and collaborating with other leaders on major projects.
- Contribute to the preparation of presentation materials for AltaGas’ senior management and Board of Directors.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting
- Professional designation (CFA, CPA) and/or Master's level university (MBA) is considered an asset
- 15 years of related finance or capital markets experience
- Demonstrated leadership and team management capabilities
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain relationships with investors, analysts, and stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills, including detailed financial modeling
- Excellent organizational and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and comfortable accepting new responsibilities
- Strong attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines which can adjust to changing priorities
- Expertise in Microsoft applications, with advanced proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of the Midstream and Utility industries is an asset
AltaGas offers a competitive salary and benefits package in addition to opportunities for personal and professional achievement.
We thank all applicants for their interest in our organization, but only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No agency referrals or telephone inquiries at this time, please.
Why work at AltaGas?
AltaGas is a North American energy infrastructure company with a focus on owning and operating assets that provide clean and affordable energy to our customers. AltaGas assets include Washington Gas/WGL, SEMCO, and Petrogas. Our talented team, nearly 3,000 strong, leverages the strength of our assets and expertise along the energy value chain to connect customers with premier energy solutions – from the well sites of upstream producers to the doorsteps of homes and businesses to new markets around the world. We deliver clean and affordable natural gas to approximately 1.7 million customers’ homes and businesses through regulated natural gas distribution utilities across four jurisdictions in the United States and two regulated natural gas storage utilities in the United States. Learn more about our team, vision, and strategy. To learn more about our mission: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvYAAg21IuU
AltaGas is an EO employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled