This is a newly created role due to growth. The Tax Manager will be responsible for overseeing the US tax compliance for the LGIM America business and L&G Group US investments. As Tax Manager you will assist the Tax team and Finance Department in overseeing all aspects of tax reporting and work closely with our 3rd party tax provider.
Role is based in Chicago, Illinois.
- Support the internal tax function of LGIM America so that the tax requirements of the business are met.
- Day to day management of 3rd party tax provider and compliance processes for LGIM America corporate and US funds (Federal, state and city level taxes).
- Review of all US tax returns for LGIM America (corporate/funds) and US tax returns for L&G Group.
- Liaise with LGIMA’s product development, legal and operations teams in addition to the L&G Group tax team in the UK.
- Monitor US tax developments which are likely to impact LGIM America corporate and US funds.
- BS/MS in Accounting or relevant; CPA preferred
- 4+ years of experience either in an in-house tax function or in a big 4 practice
- Asset management experience preferred
- Advanced Excel skills; proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Strong organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Problem solving skills and initiative
- Strong attention to detail and an investigative nature
- Team player who can successfully work with colleagues across different levels in the organization and in multiple jurisdictions
As an EOE employer, Legal & General Investment Management America will extend equal opportunity to all employees
and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry,
national origin, age, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, military status, and/or any
other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. (2020)