Established in 1964 as the country's first Qatari-owned commercial bank, QNB Group has steadily grown to become the largest bank in the Middle East and Africa (MEA) region.
QNB Group's presence through its subsidiaries and associate companies extends to more than 31 countries across three continents providing a comprehensive range of advanced products and services. The total number of employees is more than 28,000 serving up to 20 million customers operating through 1,000 locations, with an ATM network of 4,300 machines.
QNB has maintained its position as one of the highest rated regional banks from leading credit rating agencies including Standard & Poor's (A), Moody's (Aa3) and Fitch (A+). The Bank has also been the recipient of many awards from leading international specialised financial publications.
Based on the Group's consistent strong financial performance and its expanding international presence, QNB currently ranks as the most valuable bank brand in the Middle East and Africa, according to Brand Finance Magazine.
QNB Group has an active community support program and sponsors various social, educational and sporting events. Summary:
You will ensure that there is adequate AML/CTF system and control in place at Group level to effectively manage the Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing Risk and enhance the Global on-going changes for both AML/CTF bodies including QCB instructions and the Financial Action Task Force (FATF), to prevent the Group from being exposed to the risk of legal/ regulatory sanctions and the associated financial/ reputation loss that the Group may incur/ suffer as a result of failure to comply with the relevant AML/ CFT regulations Responsibilities:
- Manage the AML/CFT efforts by monitoring customer daily transactions on timely basis to avoid any suspicious transactions that could lead to fines/ penal actions and the consequent loss of reputation
- Liaise with the following on continuous basis to resolve their queries/ respond to issues raised by them relating to the Group's AML/ CFT efforts:
- Qatar Central Bank officials.
- Qatar Financial Market Authority Officials
- Qatar Financial Center Authorities
- QNB Shariaa Advisory Board
- Officials from other government bodies in Qatar like ministries and QE.
- National Anti-Money Laundering Committee (NAMLC) and the Financial Information Unit (FIU) in Qatar.
- Managing the Anti-Money Laundering (AML) activities of the Group with the aim of ensuring complete and proper implementation of QCB regulations and guidelines regarding AML/ CFT, including pronouncements/ directives issued by the NAMLC and the FIU.
- Managing the Anti-Money Laundering (AML) activities with the aim of ensuring complete and proper implementation of QCB regulations and guidelines regarding AML/ CFT, including pronouncements/ directives issued by the NAMLC and the FIU.
- Follow and enhance the AML/ CFT policy manual and procedures in line with amendments to existing local laws and regulations and applicable international regulations pertaining to AML/ CFT. Also, ensure that the amendments to the relevant AML/ CFT laws and regulations are communicated in a timely manner to the domestic entities to enable them to comply with the same.
- Review and investigate suspicious transactions reports (STRs) based on his own review/ communications received from the Branch MLROs and escalate cases that appear to be risky to the Head of Global AML/CFT for his review/ action.
- Submit draft reports covering the AML/ CFT reviews conducted at each domestic entity to the Head of Global AML/CTF for review.
- Participate in providing responses to the AML/CFT questionnaire received from correspondent banks and counterparties.
- Assist in liaison with the NAMLC, FIU and QCB with respect to AML/ CFT related matters.
- Provide input regarding the selection of a system and the generation of reports there from to support the Group's AML/ CFT efforts and ensure subsequent implementation of the system across the various Group entities.
- Coordinate efforts with the Branch Managers to ensure that they are checking/ reviewing the relevant reports generated by the system.
- Bachelor degree with professional qualifications such as CCO/ CIA/ CPA
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in a major banking institution or regulatory agency out of which 5 years should be in a supervisory role relating to Compliance or Internal Audit
- Solid experience of working in financial services. AML Compliance specific experience preferred
- Strong understanding of the requirements of the Money Laundering Regulations and the Joint Money Laundering Steering Group Guidance
- Experience of managing external relationships, with the confidence to approach people at all levels
- Strong analytical skills required to organize and analyze multiple, complex data sets
- Excellent report writing skills
- Knowledge of the legal and regulatory framework and the regulatory environment
- Ability to analyze the impact of changes in the relevant regulations on the Group's compliance risk profile pertaining to its operations in so far as AML/ CTF activities are concerned.
- Strong knowledge of banking systems
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Passport or QID
3. Copy of Education Certificate