The TP ICAP Group is a world leading provider of market infrastructure.
Our purpose is to provide clients with access to global financial and commodities markets, improving price discovery, liquidity, and distribution of data, through responsible and innovative solutions.
Through our people and technology, we connect clients to superior liquidity and data solutions.
The Group is home to a stable of premium brands. Collectively, TP ICAP is the largest interdealer broker in the world by revenue, the number one Energy & Commodities broker in the world, the world's leading provider of OTC data, and an award winning all-to-all trading platform.
The Group operates from more than 60 offices in 27 countries. We are 5,300 people strong. We work as one to achieve our vision of being the world's most trusted, innovative, liquidity and data solutions specialist. Role Overview
The Group needs to quickly build its profile amongst the key political players and public servants that matter to the company, especially in the UK and with some focus on the European Union. This includes the key players - politicians and civil servants - in the existing, and potential future, administration.
Our aims are to ensure that our contribution to the UK - financial services and in general - is well understood and valued, including as a thought leader we have a good relationship with the key players relevant to our corporate objectives: politicians and public servants our senior leaders can effectively lobby, where appropriate, on the issues that matter to us. Role Responsibilities
Experience / Competences
- Work with the Group Director of Corporate Affairs, and other Senior Leaders across the Group, to develop and implement a strategic public affairs programme that builds TP ICAP's reputation and positioning as a leading provider of critical financial services
- Closely co-ordinate our broad regulatory agenda, and trade body representation, with our public affairs agenda.
- Build and manage strong relationships with relevant Ministers, parliamentarians, civil servants, policy makers, the financial services sector, partner organisations, industry bodies, and other external agencies to influence the Government's agenda and ensure the best possible operating environment for TP ICAP in the key jurisdictions where it operates, primarily the UK.
- Lead the development of policy publications, such as policy briefs, evidence, statements, speeches, blogs, white papers, academic articles, blogs and social media postings to maintain a drumbeat of thoughtful insights for our various audiences.
- Work with teams across TP ICAP (e.g., Legal, Compliance, Investor Relations, the Business, Marketing & Communications, etc.) to ensure that key policy/thought leadership outputs incorporate the views of our Group.
- Develop agile submissions and responses to key moments in the political calendar.
- In partnership with the Communications Team, develop and lead capacity to respond to media and public affairs issues that are underpinned by policy positions and oversee the preparation of agile briefs for senior staff on public and media engagements where necessary.
- Provide political insight, monitoring and analysis, drawing on information from many sources and advise on the approach.
- Represent TP ICAP at external events including policy roundtables, steering boards and external commissions.
- Management of budget and resources relating to Public Affairs work.
- Provide support for broader initiatives / projects as required across the Corporate Affairs function.
- Seasoned self-starter who is comfortable and has the necessary gravitas to engage with senior people, both internally and externally.
- Good understanding of Whitehall and political dynamics ( EU experience, and capability, an advantage ).
- Excellent influencing skills, backed up by a strong grasp of the issues i.e., soft skills and intellectual ability.
- Ability to knit together (a) the relevant detail with (b) the lobbying ability to make things happen.
- Track record of developing and executing impactful public affairs programmes that deliver meaningful results.
- Hands on approach as the role is as much about implementing, as it is about setting strategy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated and proven planning, analytical and organisational skills.
Not The Perfect Fit?
- Wholesale financial services experience an advantage, but not essential.
- Extensive network and the ability to grow it.
- Appetite and the aptitude to learn quickly.
- Lobbying skills.
- Detail orientated.
- Team player.
Concerned that you may not meet the criteria precisely? At TP ICAP, we wholeheartedly believe in fostering inclusivity and cultivating a work environment where everyone can flourish, regardless of your personal or professional background. If you are enthusiastic about this role but find that your experience doesn't align perfectly with every aspect of the job description, we strongly encourage you to apply. You may be the ideal candidate for this position or another opportunity within our organisation. Our dedicated Talent Acquisition team is here to assist you in recognising how your unique skills and abilities can be a valuable contribution. Don't hesitate to take the leap and explore the possibilities. Your potential is what truly matters to us. Company Statement
We know that the best innovation happens when diverse people with different perspectives and skills work together in an inclusive atmosphere. That's why we're building a culture where everyone plays a part in making people feel welcome, ready and willing to contribute. TP ICAP Accord - our Employee Network - is a central to this. As well as representing specific groups, TP ICAP Accord helps increase awareness, collaboration, shares best practice, and holds our firm to account for driving continuous cultural improvement. Location
UK - 135 Bishopsgate - London