Job title: Structured Products Middle Office: Algo Index Admin MO Team Corporate Title: Analyst
Department: Finance/Middle Office
Location: Angel Lane, London Company overview
Nomura is an Asia-based financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its three business divisions: Retail, Asset Management, and Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking). Founded in 1925, the firm is built on a tradition of disciplined entrepreneurship, serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership. For further information about Nomura, visit www.nomura.com Department overview:
Working in the varied and collaborative environment of the Structured Products Middle Office, responsible for controlling and supporting a broad range of trading/structuring desks and products, you will gain exposure to the numerous functions supporting the structured products business. It is a dynamic, fast-paced, demanding and innovative area to work in and we are committed to establishing London Middle Office as best in class, fit for the challenges of the future.
The Index Admin MO Team is a control and support function being built out to support Nomura's Quantitative Investment Strategy (QIS) Business, working with experienced and senior stakeholders in managing the associated risks to deliver the best outcomes for the business. The investment strategies span across several asset classes including: Interest rates, FX, Commodities, Credit and Equities. The team will be involved in working closely with Trading, Quants, Technology and Index Structuring, the team responsible for creating rules based Indices and facilitating Index linked transactions with our global client base.
Although aligned to the wider Structured Products Middle Office group, this is not a traditional Middle Office role, with focus not on trade capture but on the Index calculation, supporting controls and related downstream reporting as well as Index administrational tasks. The successful candidate will be given the opportunity to partner with this growing area of the business and be expected help evolve the operating model and contribute to the design of the index control, analytics and reporting framework using a range of fintech solutions. Role description
Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge required
- Provide a variety of control and support roles within the specific QIS framework. Areas of focus include Index calculation output monitoring, query resolution, reconciliations and the production of MIS.
- Build and maintain a deep understanding of the range of Bespoke and Structured Products Traded and their specific control and support requirements
- Understand, maintain and enhance processes utilising knowledge of the product and transaction lifecycle. Partner with Front Office and other control functions to build and develop control and governance frameworks for bespoke and developing business lines.
- The team is central to all activity relating to the QIS business that it supports and therefore interacts regularly with a wide network of internal departments including, Trading, Index Structuring, Quants, Operations, Product Control and MVG. Build and own key relationships with FO and other stakeholders to support and control business innovation and growth by participating and contributing in stakeholder governance forums.
- Partner with the Front Office, Risk, Finance, IT and Operations teams to ensure our policies and controls are implemented and managed across the structured products businesses.
- Manage demand and prioritise efficiently to deliver on the commitments and responsibilities across the CTB and RTB agenda.
- Build, strengthen and influence relationships across functions and internal middle office teams both onshore and offshore to create consensus and improve collaboration.
- Experience of Index Products and their related controls and processes would be advantageous, as would experience of reviewing market data from upstream vendor providers.
- Knowledge and experience of structured derivatives and the ability to understand complex financial products and structures would be advantageous.
- Proficiency in Excel/VBA and past experience of using Python would be highly advantageous.
- Experience in a middle office or desk assistant environment, or equivalent function
Nomura competencies Trusted Partner
- Strong analytical skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Good communication skills, ability to coordinate and resolve issues with stakeholders.
- Strong work ethics, commitment to delivery and getting things done.
- Have a deep understanding of investment bank products and processes with a track record of process improvement and development.
- Have the ability to balance demand, thinking holistically around process change.
- A strong communicator, be able to build relationships and challenge stakeholders appropriately.
- Demonstrate agility and a willingness to adapt to and respond positively to changing trends and agendas.
- Ability to lead and inspire across your peers and directs.
- Understand clients' needs and issues, and respond with high-quality proposals
- Acquire capabilities to perform one's responsibilities and contribute to being a Trusted Partner
- Produce new ideas that might challenge the status-quo or oneself
- Seek advice from senior colleagues and utilize it for improved results
- Collaborate with members from relevant departments
- Contribute to the success of the organization both quantitatively and qualitatively, and act with awareness of the impact on others
- Serve as role model and provide guidance to junior employees
Right to Work
- Have a good understanding of corporate philosophy, professional ethics, compliance, risk management, and code of conduct, and make decisions and take actions accordingly
The UK Government have taken steps to reduce net migration to the UK by limiting the number of overseas workers coming to the UK for employment. Please note that whilst we are able to consider applications from overseas workers from outside the UK (who require a Tier 2 Skilled Worker visa) we can only employ them if we can provide evidence that this is a genuine vacancy for a qualified role Diversity & Inclusion
Nomura is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to ensuring we best reflect the diversity of the communities we serve creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome all applications and do not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender identity and gender expression, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
If you require any assistance or reasonable adjustments due to a disability or lon