The successful candidate will join an exciting environment with many learning opportunities to deepen their understanding of Know-Your-Customer (KYC) and Customer Due Diligence (CDD) topics through exposure to Correspondent Banking and Global Financial Institution business. The FIAML CDD Analyst is responsible for gathering and analysing the Client's KYC information to conduct Customer Due Diligence reviews of OCBC Financial Institution Clients comprising of Banks and Non-Bank Financial Institutions (NBFI).
How you succeed
To be a team player and have the conviction that every contribution in the KYC/CDD process is important to protecting the Bank and safeguarding the Singapore financial system. Specifically, the successful candidate will need to be thoroughly familiar with Bank's AML/CDD policies and procedures and being meticulous and detail orientated to ensure high accuracy in identifying and understanding the customer's profile. Additionally, to have an inquisitive mind and ask questions whenever in doubt.
What you do
• Perform customer due diligence and enhanced due diligence during the onboarding, periodic and trigger review of Financial Institutional customers (ie. Banks and NBFIs)
• Liaise with customers to obtain updated information
• Understanding of how risk factors impact client risk rating
• Identify and escalate any unusual activity / transaction activity not consistent with client's expected profile
• Conduct research via available Bank systems and commercial databases as well as internet searches
• Review and evaluate recent negative news related to clients
• Recommend relationship strategy where applicable
• Work closely with the relationship managers to assist the department in complying the AML/KYC requirements
• Act as a subject matter expert in the execution and implementation of CDD / EDD requirements in accordance with OCBC's related AML / Sanctions policies and procedures
• Interface with relevant units and the business relating to compliance reviews, investigation, as well as other ad-hoc projects
• Assist with internal and external compliance audits and MAS regulatory audits
Who you work with
GFI manages and coordinates the Group's relationships globally with Banks and Non-Bank Financial Institutions (namely Insurance Companies, Asset Managers, Finance Companies, Leasing Companies, Stockbrokers and Private Capital Firms). The Relationship Management teams, based in Singapore, the International Branches and Subsidiaries, work closely with product partners, other business groups and support functions in managing these customers globally.
The position of the FIAML CDD Analyst is part of the Business Compliance, Global Financial Institutions AML team and reports to the FIAML Head.
Who we are
Singapore's longest established bank, we've been helping people and businesses get what they want from life since 1932. How? By taking the time to truly understand people. From there, we provide support, services, solutions, and career paths that meet their individual needs and desires.
Today, we're on a journey of transformation. Embracing technology and creativity to become a future-ready learning organisation. But for all that change, the entire focus of our organisation remains to be Simply Spot On.
In everything we do.
And so whether you want innovate needs-based financial services. Work in friendly, supportive teams. Build lasting value in your community. Help people grow their assets, business, and investments. Take your learning as far as you can. Or simply enjoy a vibrant, future-ready career.
Your Opportunity Starts Here.
What we offer
Competitive base salary. A suite of holistic, flexible benefits to suit every lifestyle. Community initiatives. Industry-leading learning and professional development opportunities. Your wellbeing, growth and aspirations are every bit as cared for as the needs of our customers.
Who you are
• A university degree in Accounting/Banking/Finance or related discipline
• At least 2 to 6 years of experience in conducting CDD for institutional clients; preferably with understanding of Correspondent Banking. Fresh graduates with good aptitude for customer due diligence/know your customer work will be considered.
• Basic working knowledge of Singapore AML laws and regulations relative to money laundering and terrorist financing
• Identifying and understanding the AML and Sanctions Risk associated with Financial Institutions clients and good awareness of banking controls is key for this role
• Ability to analyze client information and documentation to facilitate account opening, on-going name screening and periodic reviews
• Proficiency in MS office applications / Public Domain searches / Factiva
• Excellent analytical, interpersonal, communication and writing skills
• Independent and ability to multi-task and meet multiple deadlines
• AML Certification (ACAMS) or other AML / Compliance certification preferred