About Campion Asset Management
Campion Asset Management is a boutique investment advisory firm located in Falls Church, Virginia. Founded in 2005, the firm serves the evolving investment management and financial planning needs of its clients. Independence, objectivity and high ethical standards are engrained within our investment management framework. We serve private clients, families and tax-exempt organizations. Our clients appreciate the value we provide to invest assets, manage and transfer wealth across generations, and achieve personal financial goals and investment objectives.
The Portfolio Management Analyst (PMA) is responsible for working onsite with the team to deliver investment advisory services to the firm’s clients.
This is a great learning opportunity for individuals interested in becoming an investment professional, focusing on either investment analysis and portfolio management or financial planning. This is not a sales or business development position, but it is a great opportunity for individuals with high ethical standards that are passionate about investments, financial markets, economics, financial planning and helping clients achieve their long-term investment goals.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The Portfolio Management Analyst (PMA) is responsible for working onsite with the team to deliver investment advisory services to the firm’s clients. The primary duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Responding to client service requests and inquiries.
- Preparing analyses and reports for client meetings and mailings.
- Participating in client meetings.
- Assisting in the monitoring and rebalancing of client portfolios in accordance with stated investment policy, including executing trades on a timely and accurate basis.
- Maintaining Campion’s security database and updating security fundamentals for Investment Committee meetings.
- Participating actively in fundamental security analysis and macroeconomic analysis, including developing new investment ideas and drafting investment research and the quarterly market overview provided to clients.
- Maintaining client relationship database and proxy voting records. Assist in developing long-term financial plans for clients using eMoney® software.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Our firm is looking for an outgoing team player who is self-motivated, well-organized, detail-oriented, and possesses strong analytical and communication skills. The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a small-firm environment, be passionate about client service and interested in investment management and financial planning. Required qualifications include the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics, business information technology or related field.
- 1-3 years of professional work experience.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Working knowledge of Bloomberg, FACTSET or Refinitiv Workspace.
- Obtaining the Series 65 within 120 days of hire.
- Interest in pursuing the CFA® or CFP® designation.
- Knowledge of Advent AXYS portfolio reporting software is a plus.
- Knowledge of Python or Microsoft VBA is also a plus.
In order to be considered for this full-time onsite position, please send your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Terence.Burns@campionam.com.
Campion Asset Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer.