Overview Bring your ideas. Make history.
BNY Mellon offers an exciting array of future-forward careers at the intersection of business, finance, and technology. We are one of the world's top asset management and banking firms that manages trillions of dollars in assets, custody and/or administration. Known as the "bank of banks" - 97% of the world's top banks work with us as we lead and serve our customers into the new era of digital.
With over 238 years of rich history and industry firsts, BNY Mellon has been built upon our proven ability to evolve, lead, and drive new ideas at every turn. Today, we're approximately 50,000 employees across 35 countries with a culture that empowers you to grow, take risks, experiment and be yourself. This is what #LifeAtBNYMellon
is all about.
We're seeking future team members for our Engineering business with roles located in Chennai and Pune in HYBRID positions. In this role, you'll make an impact in the following ways:
To be successful in this role, we're seeking the following:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required
- 10-14 years of experience in software development required - proficiency in Java 8 or higher and Front-End UI Technologies
- Experience in Spring Framework, Hibernate and proficiency with Spring Boot
- Extensive hands-on knowledge of XML, XSD, XSLT and JSON
- Solid coding and troubleshooting experience on Web Services and RESTful API
- Experience and understanding of design patterns culminating into microservices development.
- Experience on working on high throughput microservices by leveraging concurrency, multi-core, multi-node solutions supporting multithreading, event-based processing or on developing services to manage high data volume.
- Experience and understanding of visual design / interaction design culminating into micro-front end development.
- Experience of working in services tool sets & programming languages - Node, GraphQL, Hazelcast
- Strong SQL skills to work on Relational or NoSQL databases
- Strong experience in SDLC, DevOps processes - CI/CD tools, Git, etc.
- Good Understanding of Messaging frameworks like ActiveMQ or IBM MQ or Kafka
- Good understanding of monitoring tools such as AppDynamics, Splunk, Moogsoft
- Knowledge of Scrum and XP methodologies and ability to work in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to learn and pick up new skills and to perform with minimal management supervision
- Strong Communication Skills
At BNY Mellon, our inclusive culture speaks for itself. Here's a few of our awards:
- Knowledge in data warehousing / data lakes / pipelines is a big plus.
- Knowledge in NoSQL databases is preferred
- Knowledge in cloud technologies will be a strong advantage.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Should enjoy quick prototyping, implementing cloud-ready services, building tools to improve end to end application - develop a strong connect with all stakeholders and testing team
- Provide superior software development services in a fast-paced and innovative working environment.
- Work with internal business groups on implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements.
- Analyze information and provide recommendations to address and resolve business and technical issues. Actively participate in team discussions, provide guidance and expert opinion on the subject matter.
- Coordinate coding, unit testing, implementation and documentation of solution.
- Ensure that expected application performance levels are achieved.
- Comply with BNY Mellon's standard development methodology
- May allocate/ coordinate work within a team/project.
- Fortune World's Most Admired Companies & Top 20 for Diversity and Inclusion
- Bloomberg's Gender Equality Index (GEI)
- Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion , Disability: IN - 100% score
- 100 Best Workplaces for Innovators, Fast Company
- Human Rights Campaign Foundation, 100% score Corporate Equality Index
- CDP's Climate Change 'A List'
BNY Mellon offers highly competitive compensation, benefits, and wellbeing programs rooted in a strong culture of excellence and our pay-for-performance philosophy. We provide access to flexible global resources and tools for your life's journey. Focus on your health, foster your personal resilience, and reach your financial goals as a valued member of our team, along with generous paid leaves that can support you and your family through moments that matter. BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Underrepresented racial and ethnic groups/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.