Quantitative Analytics - Chief of Staff - Markets
As a Barclays Quantitative Analytics Chief of Staff, you will have an exciting opportunity to be actively engaged in the effort to reduce the business operating costs by optimizing the business use of capital and by helping the business formulate an appropriate response to different regulatory bodies. The team operates mainly out of New York, London, Prague and Singapore with additional locations in Hong-Kong and Paris.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
At Barclays, we offer a hybrid working experience that blends the positives of working alongside colleagues at our onsite locations, together with working from home. We have a structured approach where colleagues work at an onsite location on fixed, 'anchor', days of the week, for a minimum of two days a week or more, as set by the business area (or nearest equivalent if working part-time hours). Please discuss the working pattern requirements for the role you are applying for with the hiring manager. Please note that as we continue to embed our hybrid working environment, we remain in a test and learn phase, which means that working arrangements may be subject to change on reasonable notice to ensure we meet the needs of our business.
What will you be doing?
• Being responsible for providing operating leverage to the head of QA Markets, supporting strategic and economic decision-making
• Collaborating with the QA Markets management team & Senior Executive Assistant
• Supporting with driving the strategic agenda for the team by devising and coordinating management initiatives, and advising the management team through execution
• Continuing to build the overall QA Markets team and its reputation through structured planning, communication, delivery, analysis and review
• Supporting the head of QA Markets, serving as subject matter expert, handling inquiries, defining priorities, conducting initial analysis of business proposals/issues
• Driving communications and reporting, defining the message and producing key materials to present to Markets Management & other stakeholders
• Building and presenting businesses cases to support strategic decision making, designing quantitative and qualitative analysis to deliver excellence
• Being responsible for driving strategic quantitative initiatives, working in collaboration with QA org unit leads to set targets and monitor through successful execution
What we're looking for:
• Significant experience in Financial Markets roles for e.g. Quant, Trading, Business Management, Risk or a combination thereof or in Management Consulting
• Ability to operate with senior staff and handle confidential information sensitively
• Excellent communication skills, able to build relationships with traders, desk heads, quants, infrastructure areas and other Chiefs of Staff across Markets and the broader Bank
• High level working knowledge and understanding of PowerPoint, Excel and Jira, coupled with excellent analytical skills and problem solving skills
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Experience in a quantitative team in a top-tier bank
• Working knowledge and understanding of Markets and quantitative modelling projects
• Direct experience of working with Trading & Sales
• Familiarity with the financial regulatory landscape
Where will you be working?
In the heart of Canary Wharf, our headquarters at Churchill Place boasts onsite amenities such as; a gym, staff restaurant and deli bar, and is easily accessible by tube and bus links. With a population of around 5000 staff the atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within.